Sudden Announcement

A few hours after we went back inside it was time already for the Agrestes to make their leave. Surely we chatted a lot and we got to decide a date for our marriage.I also got to know about why his mother wasn't there. Apparently, his mom was very sick and so she couldn't come although she wanted to come so bad but its not good for her health or so did king Gabriel say.

Something was not settling with me. Adrien had a pained expression when his mother was mentioned. Did he wish she could come or was it all a lie? Perhaps his mother was against our marriage that she locked herself in her room and so they had to come up with a lie in order to not ruin the mood.

"Princess!" Shouted one of my maids.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Some of our human vampire hunters decided to initiate an attack on the vampires without our knowledge." She explained.

"What? Why? When?" I asked with a shocked face.

"It was in the morning, and the reason was that another human has disappeared in the vampires kingdom." She answered.

"Oh no." I exclaimed. "What should we do?"

"The king and queen are requesting your appearance in a meeting they're having with the vampires." She mentioned.

As I heard her say that I knew that something terrible is about to happen. I got ready and went downstairs and into the meeting room.

"Come inside sweetie." My mother softly smiled.

I nodded and went to sit next to her. When I looked in front of me I came face to face with Adrien, he had a bored expression which isn't very surprising.

"We were discussing something important, and we had to come to an immediate decision." My father stated.

"And that is?" I asked.

"We moved your wedding into 2 days from now." His father answered.

"What? but that is very early. Didn't we agree to get married 6 months from now?" I asked with confusion.

"I am sure you heard about the sudden attack from our side." My father stated. "If we don't get you two married now then the attacks will be unstoppable."

"What does that have to do with us?" I asked regretting the question when I saw my parents give me an angry look.

"The humans are blaming us the vampires on all of the disappearances." King Agreste exclaimed.

"And they are totally wrong as none of our people attacked a single person ever since we announced we are getting married." Adrien finished.

"Bu-" I was stopped by my mother.

"No buts sweetie, there's no time. We should have gotten you two married already but we thought you need time to get accustomed."

And that's when I gave up, no reason would have got me away from it and so I decided to accept my fate.

"Alright." I sighed in defeat. "May I know what happened to the humans that attacked?"

"They managed to injure 2 of our vampires but the vampires were stronger so they easily got rid of them. They were clearly experienced on what to do, but not very. When will they realize that vampires are 10 times stronger than humans." Explained Mr Agreste before sighing.

I nodded. "Okay may I please be excused?" I didn't wait for a response before darting out of the room.