Freedom at last

The dining room wasn't so quiet as Marinette hoped it would be. She wasn't very cooperative during the conversations with everyone but no one seemed to mind her they figured she had a rough night or something.

Chloe left the table midway through because she got a call. The moment she answered they immediately figured it was her father asking of her whereabouts.

"Yes daddy, I'm having fun...no not yet....because I don't want to!" She said through the one getting more annoyed by the second.

"But daddy, no, I don't want that, give me more time, please, daddy, c'mon it's not like you see me 24/7." She said.

After a long conversation of arguing, it seemed like the pleading of Chloe came to no avail as her father was very convinced on the idea of her going back.

Marinette internally hoorayed at finally having the chance of having her moment of silence.

"My daddy wants me to go back home first thing tomorrow!" She exclaimed. "I tried to stop him but he didn't agree."

"Your daddy misses you so you should go spend time with him." Marinette said smirking.

Chloe sent her a glare and responded. "At least mine misses me and didn't get me married to someone against my will."

Marinette was feeling angry. Not only did she annoy her to bits but now she's getting her parents involved.

"It wasn't against my will or anything and besides they just suggested the idea and I agreed on it." Marinette said.

"Poor Adrien, he had no say in that!" Chloe said as she gave pity eyes to Adrien who seemed to not care at all.

"Well, I wouldn't say I had no say because I later on accepted and look at me now. I'm a married man!" He smirked and winked at Marinette.

Marinette rolled her eye. "Yes honey, you're married now!"

"Well, I'm going home tomorrow and hopefully convince my dad to come back again some other day." She said smiling.

"You're welcome to come by anytime you want! This is your home after all!" The king said.

Chloe smiles and thanked him before excusing herself to get her bag ready.

"My Princess, you look happy!" Adrien smirked.

Marinette looked at him and nodded. "I haven't been this happy in so long nothing was going my way but not finally my own freedom."

"Oh really? Weren't you happy during our wedding and last night when you ended up at the floor?" He sarcastically asked.

"Ha ha ha, so funny. If I knew you noticed me at that moment and if I knew you were awake I would've forced you to switch places with me. Aren't you her beloved?" Marinette smirked back.

"Believe me you'd rather not! If we did you'd find me  sleeping next to you on the sofa which doesn't really fit both of us so you'd have to sleep on the floor again." He said.

"A gentleman? My ass!" Marinette rolled her eyes as she also excused herself and walked out of the dining hall.

As promised here's the next chapter.
Hope you like it!