Chapter 15

"You did what?" Effie screamed at Katniss.

"I just got mad. They weren't paying any attention to me what so ever. After they brought in the roasted pig, all of the eyes were on it. Not me."

"Well, I hate to be honest with you, but I really don't think they would do that."

"Well you better think again because they did it to me too, " I interjected.

"What? Really?" Effie sat down on the couch and dropped her head in her hands. "I can't believe this. What has this world come to?" She looked up at me. "Please tell me you didn't do anything horrific?"

"Well, I, Umm..." I studdered.

"Come on Gale, it can't be as bad as shoting an arrow at the game makers." Katniss said, walking to my side.

"Umm, well, it was going good. I threw some knifes, shot some arrows, then made some snares and traps. One hangs in the tree, so I climbed up the tables they had in the corner. I hung it over the rafters. I jumped down and looked up at the Game Makers and not a single one of them was watching me. I took the table I had just gotten off of and umm..."

"And what?" Effie pressured.

"I... I..." I took a deep breath. "I chucked the table across the room and it chipped into millions of tiny pieces then I just walked out."

After a while, Effie spoke up. "Well, you were right Katniss, it wasn't as bad as yours, but still unacceptable, both of you."

Just then Haymitch walks in carrying a bottle of liquor.

"How'd the... the umm.." He said waving his hands around.

"The assessments?" Katniss asks, irritated.

"Yea, them," he says plopping down on the couch.

Just then, the tv turned on and Caesar Flickerman's bright blue hair and made up face came on the tv.

"Well, I guess we'll find out." Effie said, scooting over on the couch making room for Katniss and I.

"Here we go," Katniss says, worriedly.

We sat in silence watching and waiting. Everyone in district 1-11 got decent scores. The careers got 8-10's and most everybody else got an average of 5. Then, the moment we have been waiting for. District 12 flashes across the screen.

"District 12. Gale Hawthorne. Score of 10." Caesar says as a matter of factly.

My head shot up at that.

Effie squealed. "Oh!!! I can't believe it! That is the highest score that any of the tributes from District 12 have scored in a while!"

"Congratulations," Katniss says.

"Thanks. I didn't think I would get more then a 4."

"Well, they must've like what you did."

"Yes. They must of liked it a lot!" Effie sings in her capital voice.

My mind wonders to what Cato said the other day in the training center. How he wanted me to join him and the career pack. Now that he knows I'm good, he'll ask again. Or maybe he will make the girl from his district ask. Maybe the pair from 1? Who knows. All I know now, is that if I don't join them, I will be the first on their kill list.

***********************************************************************

Hey guys! So, sorry for the little rant the other day! I was just so excited!! Anyway, hoped you liked this chapter!! I wont go into much detain of Katniss' score or interview because i believe it would be the same as the real story, so yea! Don't forget to vote and leave some comments of what you want to happen in the interviews or the arena. If we choose your idea, you will get credit!! Thanks again!!

-Byeeeeeee!!!!!