Chapter 19

As I walked towards the door, I heard Effie and Katniss saying their good byes. I walked out the door after the Game Maker who was there. I looked behind me to take one more look at this place I called home for the last couple of days. Katniss, Cinna, and Portia all followed me out.  The Game Maker started to lead us down a flight of stairs, then into an elevator. 

We stepped out and peace keepers swarmed us. We were all rushed to a hovercraft waiting for us. Cinna and Portia were led into one room, and Katniss and I into another. I stepped inside and instantly recognized all other 22 faces in the room. Cato, Thresh, Glimmer, Clove, Marvel, Rue, and all of the others. 

There were two empty seats close to the door. When I sat down, I noticed Cato glaring at me. I tried to look away, but it was nearly impossible. It was like I could feel his glare. He leaned over to Clove and whispered something in her ear. She gave me a glare and whispered something back to Cato. They both smiled and sat back in their seats.

Soon, a lady came around and put our tracking devices in our forearm. Shortly after that, we landed. We all stood up and walked off the hovercraft to find out stylists waiting for us. Peace Keepers led us down a very long hallway with 24 rooms. Each door was marked with a plaque saying the District and Gender. After what seemed like forever, we finally got to the door that said "District 12". 

I turned to Katniss. "Well, I guess i'll see you in there."

"Yeah. See ya." She turned and went into her room. 

Inside of the room was very plain. There was a very bright light fixture hanging from the ceiling, illuminating the dark grey walls. There was a bright red couch in the middle of the room, facing the door and had a coffee table at either end of it. Behind the couch, there is a big wooden door, which I assume is a bathroom. In the corner, there was a large tube, big enough for a person. I started to ask Portia what they would use that for, but then I suddenly realized and got a sick feeling in my stomach. 

We walked over to the coffee table where there was a black nylon jacket with black stripes down the front and had a bright orange shield on the inside of the hood. There was also an olive green t-shirt, brown pants and brown boots. 

I changed into my new clothes and come out to find Portia sitting on the couch. I go and sit next to her. 

"Your outfit they have given you is light, and breathable. I would guess that the arena will be moderate in temperature during the night, but warm when the sun rises." She looks over at me and smiles. "You know Gale..." 

She gets cut off by a booming voice over a PA system. 

"30 seconds."

We both stand and she pulls me into a hug. 

"Good luck in there. I mean it."

I smile back at her. 

"20 seconds."

We walk over to the tube. 

"15 seconds."

Portia pulls me into another hug. 

"10 seconds." 

She looks up and smiles at me.  

"5 seconds."

I take a deep breath and step onto the tube platform. Immediately, the glass door shuts and the platform starts to rise up towards the arena. 

Hey guys! So, the next chapter will be the start of the Games! We have decided that Tuesday will be our uploading day, so expect a new chapter every Tuesday! (If we don't get it up on Tuesday, it will be up by Wednesday at the latest  :) ) Anyway, leave some suggestions in the comments and don't forget to vote! Thanks for reading!