Chapter 11

The chariots lined up right in front of the famous President Snow. I look up and notice that he is looking at Katniss and I. Chills run up my spine. As he starts talking Panem, he can't stop staring at us. I feel violated! Why shouldn't I? I'm in the Hunger Games. There will be cameras in my face from now until I die. I better get used to it.

President Snow is talking but I can't comprehend a word he is saying. All I can do is stare at my beautiful best friend who is standing right next to me.

All of the sudden our chariots start to leave. On our way out, I take one last look at Snow and he is still starring at us. What does he know? Why is he giving me his threatening glare? What did I do wrong? I don't know! I don't think I ever will!

The next day*

I walked into the big room filled with different stations. So this is what the training center looks like.

The first station I go to is painting or something like that. I decide that my strategy will be to show my weaker talents and hide my strong talents. That is if I have any strong talents to hide.

I search the room of tributes and look for Katniss. I find her at the fire making station. She has just started a fire and I see the triumph in her eyes. I smile to myself.

"Stare much, Lover Boy?" a voice whispers in my ear.

I turn around and see the vicious boy from District 2, Cato I think. He laughs. He  turns away just as my fist collided with the side of his face. He stumbled backwards with a shocked look on his face.

"Lover Boy knows how to hit?" Cato asked shocked, edging me on.

"Yeah, and don't call me lover boy again, okay?" I yell.

"Why not? Afraid your girlfriend will come out alive and you wont?" Cato says.

"If anyone should be afraid, it should be you. And let me tell you something. Katniss is coming out of this thing alive, and ill make sure of it. And trust me, I wont have a problem with killing any one of you rotten, spoiled brats to make sure it happens." I feel my face burning with hate and anger.

"I like you, Lover boy. You are very certain of yourself. Something we look for in our pack."

"What?" Did he just ask me to join his Career pack? He really is crazy if he is. I just threatened him, and he is asking me to join him?

"Come on. Join us. With us, you at least have a chance to go back home. With her," he jabs his thumb in the direction of Katniss, "Well, we both know what will happen if you stay with her."

"Please," I scoff. "If I agree to go with you, you will kill me in my sleep the first night. I'm not stupid."

"If that's the way you feel, fine. Just know, my offer still stands." He turns and  walks over to the spear station and starts throwing them from across the room.