♡Purge pt. 2♡

"This is not a test. This is your emergency broadcast system announcing the commencement of the Annual Purge sanctioned by the U.S Government. Weapons of class 4 and lower have been authorized for use during the Purge. All other weapons are restricted. Government officials of ranking 10 have been granted immunity from the Purge and shall not be harmed. Commencing at the siren, any and all crime, including murder, will be legal for 12 continuous hours. Police, fire, and emergency medical services will be unavailable until tomorrow morning at 7 a.m when the Purge concludes. Blessed by our New Founding Fathers and America, a nation reborn. May God be with you all."

     The sirens rang out, causing widespread panic across town. People locked their doors, while others sprang out into the streets. Many weren't sure why, but they believed this year's purge was going to be more violent than ever.

12 hours remaining

Chase Hudson & Noen Eubanks

     The two boys laid behind the counter in silence. Noen had soft tears streaming down his face, while he kept his hand steadily pressed against his own mouth, trying to muffle any sounds that came out. Chase was softly comforting Noen by rubbing up and down his back, trying to coax him into a state of calmness and peace.

     About 10 minutes after they originally came in the dinner, they heard glass breaking, and they were quick to realize that someone broke open the glass front door. Chase was feeling extremely relieved and blessed as he thanked the lord that he never turned the lights on. He was so happy that Noen came up with the idea of keeping the lights off and watching Netflix behind the counter, kind of like a sleepover.

     But now the 50's style Diner was occupied by a group of 4 other boys who had been talking in a sinister manner for the past two hours. Chase could overhear them speaking about how they would lure their prey into a false sense of security, then they would attack.

     The two boys silently prayed that they wouldn't be discovered, and anytime a trace of footsteps grew close to the counter they would cover their mouths in a silent panic.

     But then the footsteps would retreat and they could let out an almost nonexistent sigh of relief. Chase was starting to rethink his strategy. They had no weapons, and Chase could barely fight. He was extremely afraid for Noen because he just radiated soft weak energy.

     Chase began to map their escape. The moment another poor unsuspecting soul came into the retro 50's Diner, he would grab Noen and practically drag the two of them out of the Diner, before taking off in a sprint.

    Noen wasn't stupid, he knew they needed to get out of the small restaurant, and they needed to do it fast. From the ways these boys talked, they sounded violent and that they wouldn't back down from anything.