Heartbeat.

"Now, you're sure you want coffee? It won't be that big of a deal to stop off for tea bags." Steve asked as he looked over at Rosie, a smile still on her face.

"Yes, Steve; I'm 100% sure I want coffee." She giggled, her eyes locked on the outside world. The day had faded to night while they were in the Smithsonian, getting an in depth history of Captain America's life. The sky having deepened into a rich navy with darker clouds moving slowly across; Rosie's eyes met the moon, warmth hitting her chest. Steve seemed to know what would cheer her up, a layer of care and kindness adding on to what she already knew about him.

His car pulled up outside of an apartment building, the engine quickly shutting off. "Well, here we are." He spoke, his baby blues quickly shifting to look up at the building. It was small and cute, having that more historic look to it as it sat amongst rows of similar buildings. "Come on, let's head up." Rosie nodded as she removed her beanie hat, smoothing the strands of pale pink back and behind her ears. She left the hat in the car as Steve led the way inside, the two barely keeping a width of hair away from each other.

Faint music hummed from the floor above, Rosie smiling as her ears flickered slightly. "So what floor is yours?" She questioned, looking at Steve as he led them up another floor.

"This one." He uttered, Rosie looking between him and the door. "I'm on the left." Rosie froze as the music grew louder as they moved closer, her ears sensing the layout. She couldn't think of the clear picture that they could have given her, but there was something in there - the music being blocked from one area.

Her hand clasped him, tugging him slightly. "Hey Steve, I don't mean to alarm you but I think there's someone in your apartment." He looked at the door.

"You're sure?"

She nodded. "Listen." The large orchestra played the catchy song, the ending slowly coming before repeating it over. Steve pulled her away.

"We're going to climb through the window, and then shift our way across, okay?" Rosie agreed. Steve pulled the window opposite to his apartment open, his hands careful not to push it too fast - the creak barely audible. He slipped out first, his feet finding the ledge before climbing out fully. His body disappeared from view of the window.

Rosie moved closer before sticking her head out, watching as Steve made room, motioning her to join him. Rosie pushed one leg out, her feet fumbling for a moment as she tried to find solid ground. Her toe nudged it before she eased the rest of her body out, stabling herself on the edge of the window. Steve moved with confidence as he moved across finding his window, his hands pulling it up.