Cotton and Kisses.

This is pure smut past the first initial conversations, just a little warning

Their routine had aligned almost perfectly, like the pair were in clockwork throughout the summer

Their routine had aligned almost perfectly, like the pair were in clockwork throughout the summer. They'd wake up in each other's arms, sharing morning kisses, and short little sweet whispers before spending breakfast in bed, the two alternating over who would grab it from the bakery across the street. Then they'd head to a compound to train, switching between hand to hand, and then to weaponised throughout the day. 

Sam would join, and sometimes Nat, and it was nice. Rosie had grown used to the deep heat of the sun on her face, of the way the dying embers light would hit Steve’s cheeks as he sat at the back door overlooking the balcony. They’d come to record their moments, of Took running around like a loon, of the two of them doing mundane things but looking completely smitten. It was beneficial for both of them when Steve got called to his first mission, Rosie clinging to the edge of the room as she watched him. 

His brow had deepened, hand clinging to the phone as he muttered lowly. “Yeah, I’ll be right on it.” They’d gotten lucky with the time they had, Rose having no true purpose but the papers that sat on her desk still waiting to be signed. “No, I don’t need that. I’ll be there tomorrow, right on time. Goodbye, Ross.” The call ended, silence settling between them. 

“Everything okay?” Rose asked, crossing further into the room as Steve’s hand came out, opening up to her. She took it, letting him pull her onto his lap before his arms came around her. 

“Yeah…” He said, although he didn’t entirely mean it. “I, uh, am due to go on a mission for the next couple of days. Something about some remains of HYDRA, are you okay with that?” 

She nodded. “Of course, why wouldn’t I be you goofball?” 

He shrugged, reaching up to push back a lock of hair. “I just don’t want you to be lonely, unprotected.” 

Prim smiled softly, leaning down to press a kiss to his lips as her hand cupped his cheek. “I’ll be fine Steve, there’s a reason there’s a dragon sitting in my apartment.” She muttered softly, trying to ease him. She had come to hate the idea of him being stressed, something she’d seen crop up every once in a while once he got a new lead on the Winter Soldier. The silence that would fall upon the apartment was unbearable, the deep gazes at a single sheet even worse. 

“And why we’ve been training so hard the past couple of months?” He prompted, her head nodding. “I just worry, Prim. I won’t be here, Sam’s coming with me, and Natasha’s taking a vacation.”

“I know Steve, but I’ll be fine, I promise.” She agreed, thumb brushing his cheekbone. “You don’t need to worry about me, I need to worry about you. You’ll be on a dangerous mission, no doubt someone will be shooting at you, and I won’t be there to know if anything’s gone wrong. The last thing, while you're there, is to worry about me on my lonesome.”