Falling and Breathing.

Steve could feel Bucky's body loosen with every second that ticked by, his grip on Bucky's neck enough to stop any flow that could get into his lungs long enough to knock him out for a handful of minutes

Steve could feel Bucky's body loosen with every second that ticked by, his grip on Bucky's neck enough to stop any flow that could get into his lungs long enough to knock him out for a handful of minutes. Once he was slack, Steve pushed him to the side and scrambled to his feet. Only a couple more steps, he thought, eyeing the stairs.

Despite every inch of his body aching, the painful cut from a fired bullet stinging at his arm; Steve pushed through. He had to get to Prim first, he had to make sure she was okay. Staggering along the catwalk, Steve fell to her side, fingers clutching at her neck. Already, he could see bruises form on her face, her cheek shaded with a mottling of blue and black, darting down to her neck, with a busted lip. But his fingers felt sticky, his gloves wet as his hand pulled away.

Blood. Gently turning her, he could see the cotton candy filled with the dark hue of red, the sight worrying as her skin paled. "Prim," He called out, shaking her gently. "Prim." There was no response, her body floppy. He would grab her later, but now... His eyes found the chip clenched in her hand, pulling it from her small fingers and into his.

"Thirty seconds, Cap!" He could hear Maria in his earpiece, Steve kept his ocean eyes trained on her, darting between her body and the case. He walked to it, the glass already open and the pre-existing chips sitting inside. His leg ached, his lungs struggling, as every muscle begged him to stop, but he had to keep going. He had to do this. Steve's hand raised, chip just centimetres from the dock.

A shot rang out, his body jolting as a bullet hit him. "Ugh," He grunted, falling into the edges before stumbling down. The shock took over him, worry filling him as red was beginning to bloom across his own stomach, stretching out across the stripes as he glanced at it.

He needed to stand up, he had to pull himself up from the edge. Steve scrambled, one arm holding his torso, the other pulling him from it. He didn't have much time, just a little further. The chip sat in the dock, a small bell alerting him to it being successful. Relief flooded Steve. "Charlie, lock." He uttered, crumbling to his knees.

"Okay, Cap, get out of there." He wasn't sure he could. The wound, his body, Prim. Sam was grounded, and there was no guarantee any of them could come out of this alive if he waited any longer to get some kind of crew up here or anyway to get to the jets. Steve knew that Rosie would make the selfless decision, that she would take the same route he would if given the choice.

A decision had to be made. "Fire now." He said, certain. Maybe, someway, they could survive the fall and the blasts.