Intruder.

The sun had barely begun to peak on the horizon when Steve decided it was a good time to eventually climb out of bed, his muscles sore, hair dishevelled as he stared at the ceiling for a moment

The sun had barely begun to peak on the horizon when Steve decided it was a good time to eventually climb out of bed, his muscles sore, hair dishevelled as he stared at the ceiling for a moment. He knew he had to get up, but he was so warm and comfortable here in the sheets that the prospect of putting his feet to that cold floor was off-putting.

Steve's head turned, eyes blinking across the sheets as his brows deepened. It was empty. Where was Prim? He turned again to peek off the edge of the bed, finding Took still curled up against the spot beside him, Steve reaching out to run his hand across the scales. If Rosie was up, normally Took was too; hot on her heels and prepared for breakfast. The dragon's head rose slightly, snuffing against Steve's hand before falling asleep again.

Took wasn't fussed, so Steve knew he shouldn't be fussed. What was she up to? The blues darted to the clock. 3:58. He had an hour to get ready and go to work. The door opened quietly, bare feet shuffling against the wood as Rosie stepped back in, two mugs in hand.

Steve sat up. "Morning." She greeted, kneeling down to pass his cup before pressing a kiss to his cheek, and sinking herself into the bed. "The bakery isn't open, but I've put some rolls in the oven for you to take with you."

His head cocked slightly, a smile tugging at the corner of his lips. "You didn't have to do that." He told her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and tugging her in. Over the past few months he'd come to realise Rose wasn't overly fond of being woken up, despite enjoying the morning. She'd much rather spend it wrapped up in his arms refusing to do anything, even if Steve had begged her to go for a run with him in the mornings.

"Hmm, but I wanted to. There won't be anyone there to do it while you're away, just wanted to give you a good send off." She mumbled, eyes closing again as her cheek rested against his chest. Last night had exhausted them both, even if they were advanced.

Steve smiled, reaching to scoop back a strand of pink and tucking it behind those pointed ears. "Thank you, Angel."

Rosie blinked, staring at him for a moment. There was only one person who ever called her that, and that was Fury. Sure, the nickname wasn't used often these days but it felt strange hearing it from Steve's lips. "Why do you keep calling me that?" She asked.

"Angel?" He asked, her head nodding. "That's what I see you as, my shining saviour in all of this chaos - a moment of calm." Steve uttered like it was nothing, but her heart pumped furiously in her chest. To be described like that from someone like Steve, who radiated so much good and lightness, felt like she'd won something.

Rose peeked up at him, grasping his free hand in hers, lacing their fingers together. "They're too nice of words to describe me, Steve. But, thank you." Sometimes, she felt the same when she looked at him. Even doing the mundane day to day things - Rosie was sure that's when she liked him best. She pressed another kiss to his cheek before settling in again. "What time are you leaving?"