Prologue (Edited)

A/N

Hey, guys. So, to those who know about the book that I made that is 'Reborn In Hunter X Hunter', I'm sorry that I deleted it. Well, it's because that I decided to rewrite it since I was having problems... So yeah.

That's Akuma on the top.

I'm like a lonely bird in a cage with no light - Kuroi Akuma (Kei Kimiko)

AKUMA

Today was the day my family will be going to America for a vacation and as usual, I would stay at home to take care of the house. Ever since I was five, I was treated as a maid as well as a punching bag for this so-called family. Just thinking about how gruesome this family is made me shivered down to my spine.

The richies were downstairs and outside, all ready to get the hell out of here so they would not miss their flight. As for I was upstairs in my dark bedroom, watching them from my one and only window. Due to this, I did not get use with the light that was shinning down my face.

The family were bringing their luggage from and out of the mansion. The father and brother were carrying them as the mother and sister were waiting in front of the house's gates for the taxi to arrive.

I did not bother to call them by their names as whenever I say their names out loud, it feels like I just spoke a cursed word that might lead me to my death. Alas, I am already dead inside because of these people.

As soon as the yellow taxi drove and park in front of the mansion, the family immediately dashed inside, quickly putting their luggage at the back and head off. I saw the family laughed inside the taxi as it drove away from the house, leaving me by myself inside this room. Once the figure of the taxi disappeared, a weak smile made its way to my face as I ran to my bedroom door. When I tried to open the door, it was locked, as usual.

Fortunately, I did not have to worry because I knew how to open the lock from the inside. Running my hand through my black rough hair, I pulled out a hair pin that I always wear for emergency like this and began to do my work. I focused on the key hole and the pin and tried to unlock the door.

As soon as I heard the door's lock unlocked, I breathed out a relief sigh and opened the. "Thank god...," my weak voice muttered and ran out of my bedroom and into the kitchen. I have not ate for three weeks now as I only had water to keep me alive and now, I need energy in my system.

I brought out all the ingredients and started to do my cooking. Cooking is one of my favorite hobbies that I sometimes do when I am by myself in the house. I love cooking that it made forget that my family would return home and ate my food but now, nobody could stop me.

I decided to make my favorite dishes, desserts and drinks and getting ready for what has yet to come.

***

I was now eating my last dessert which is strawberry ice-cream in a container as I was watching my favorite anime, Hunter X Hunter. I love anime than anything in the world, espacially Katekyo Hitman Reborn and Hunter X Hunter.

When the show ended, it looked like I have to go to bed since it's already 12 midnight. I had been watching this from 7 in the morning until 12 and now, I'm sleepy, which was quite surprising since I hadn't slept for nine years due to being an insomnia. Blame the family.

Walking to the kitchen was my first priority since I need to wash the dishes as I do not like a dirty kitchen and so, I did. Then, I drowsily walked up the stairs and went to my dark room. My room was messy with blood but I could care less to clean it since I knew that I would still have blood in my room once they return.