Chapter 19: Transaction with a Cowboy Guy

All five of us walked slowly in a single file. We eyed two men standing in front of their car; no one else was outside but them. They looked ferocious, like looking for a fight. They smile just like Athena would, hungry for war, like animals. We stopped at least 20 feet away from them. Judging from the look in their face, they seemed pleased that we took the bait; going after Bryce was our only option, for me that was it. The guy on the left gestured his hands telling us to come closer. We looked around and we knew not all of should come closer. They wanted to talk first.

I volunteered, “I’ll go, that’s my brother out there, and I need to know what they want.” I said courageously. I looked around if anyone else would volunteer. I looked at Athena whose teeth were already morphed into a sharp set of killing machine.  

I walked a few steps when Enzo decided to come, “You’ll probably need me, I’ll swoop you out there when something goes wrong.” he looked back at Athena, Devin and Nancy as if this would be the last time he will see them. I hoped it wouldn’t be.

He ran quickly first to the car and took out some supplies. He took four guns and the katana he took from the man we’ve just battled. He allocated them to Devin, Athena and me, “This might get ugly, I need to know at least you’re protected.” he gave them a little pep talk first to get them all pumped up before the battle.

Athena threw her gun away, “I won’t need this. I have my own weapon. I’ll be fine without it.” Enzo didn’t argue anymore. He knew exactly what Athena can do and a gun wasn’t just what she was made for. She was better of being herself; morphing to it exactly.

Enzo now talked to Nancy, “I know you’re good with knives and stuff but this is all I got. You think you can handle it?” Nancy took the katana into her hands. She felt the power within it. Her eyes widened and eyes sparkled with courage. She was ready to fight. She was ready to have vengeance to what they did to her.

“Be careful out there.” Nancy said, she gave Enzo a kiss to the cheek and hugged him tight. I noticed that he was blushing a little. I was torn a little with the event I saw. I looked away to hide my feelings.

“Come on, we don’t have all day for your drama! Move it people!” the guy on the left side spoke up with an intimidating voice. He was wearing a V-necked black t-shirt on. He’s tattoo was clearly seen from the day light. He looked young, like a freshly college graduate. I wondered if they have to go to a university just to have their tattoos. He had shoulder level flowing dark auburn hair, and his eyebrows were thick which was one of the first things I noticed about him. It looked like they needed to be trimmed with a lawn mower. He was pale white with some acne on going all over his face.

Enzo and I moved closer to both of them. The other guy looked older and more intimidating than the other guy. He was six and half foot tall and ­had very big muscle which maybe the size of my head when he flexed it. He was dark with a bold head and probably weight around 300 pounds of pure muscle. His dark eyes stared through me like looking to my soul. I knew Enzo was also intimidated by his appearance but he kept his cool.

“About time you got here. I was worried you’ll let your brother be experimented in our hands.” the young man said. He had a Texas accent, like one of those cowboys I see on T.V. Only thing missing was a cowboy hat.