Chapter 5: Revelations

Devin and I watched as Bryce had his weird phenomenon, he was staring at a completely blank space, his face showed no emotion. I never knew how long these things take. Devin and I guessed what Bryce’s could have been seeing. I guessed that it’s one of the locations of the Purple Children. Devin hoped it’s some kind of post-apocalyptic event kind of thing. I stared at him with that’s a stupid idea face. Whatever it was, I just hope it’s good.

Six minutes had passed away and Bryce’s face started to return to its normal shade. His eyes were returning to normal and so as his hair. For a quick second we all just stared at each other.

I broke the awkward silence, “So what did you saw?” I asked him. I had a very tingly feeling of excitement; this was the first time I have asked him that since it was the first time I saw him had these visions of him.

Bryce uncannily left the room, which was odd. What he saw might be disappointing that he needed to have privacy dealing with it. Whatever it was, it might be bad, that reaction couldn’t be the cause of a good thing. I was beginning to worry, what if it’s another vision of somebody who’s going to die. I hope it was me, or somebody who can regenerate just like the way I could.

I sat there for a few seconds then decided to go after Bryce, I wore some sandals that were left from the floor, I think they were Devin’s. I opened the door and looked from my left to right, there was no sign of Bryce, and there was no sign of anyone except for a cleaning lady who was watering some plants.

 I stood up in one of the benches to have a better view of the place, I looked around me but there was no trace of Bryce anywhere, “Bryce!” I shouted out. There was no response, “Bryce!” I called out once again.

The cleaning looked at me, “Sshhh!” she hushed me. I went down from the bench in embarrassment and decided to ask her.

“Excuse me,” I said, the cleaning lady stopped watering the plants for a while, “have you seen my brother? Short guy with blonde hair.” I tried to describe him the best way I could. 

The cleaning lady gawked at me as if something was on my face, I gracefully covered my mouth being unconscious, it might be my breath or there was something on my teeth, “I think he went that way.” she said, the cleaning lady pointed to her right, she then took her hose and watered other plants.

I looked at the direction she pointed at, I decided not to follow Bryce anymore. He could use some privacy. I returned to our room to see Devin on the same position I left him.

“I never realized that you would go out dress in that color,” I looked at Devin confusingly, then I looked at what I was wearing, I forgot that I am still wearing the pink bath robe they dressed me in. Devin laughed; I removed a sandal from my foot and threw it in his chest as strong as I could with the little strength I had.

I sat down on the bed with Devin who was still laughing, “What’s up with Bryce?’ I asked Devin. Bryce’s reaction caused a stir in the room. Devin and I started speculating a lot of stuff. It was a first time we encountered Bryce in a middle of his visions so we don’t know the proper protocol for it.

“Lavander, look at me.” Devin said. I followed what he said; it looked like he fianlly got it. It’s very unusual when he thinks but when he does it’s something amazing.

He instructed me to go closer and I did, I’m so close to him that I could feel the warmth of his face. What was it that he was supposed to say that there was a need of getting closer. Is it a secret that he needed to whisper it? I hope he got it all figured out. The excitement was killing me, even though I reckon that it was a bad thing.