Chapter 1: Last Day

A/N This is my first story, and first time writing an actual story so everything is based on my imagination. Book 2(Coated with Valour) is now on progress and you could check it out if you want.

TPC will go under a third editing to get rid of all the extra pronouns and improve the grammar and descriptions, for the mean time, please bear whatever I have in store for you. Thank you

....................................................................................................................................

Chapter 1: Last Day

It was early in the morning, dawn perhaps. I was still in my bed half awake as I stared outside my window and watched the fireflies. They taunted me to catch them and place them in a jar. I’ve always hated mornings, they’re the worst part of life quoted by mother once. I looked to my side where my phone was; I focused all my morning energy to my phone and levitated it a foot above me. I toyed with it for a while, threw it as high as my energy could and stopped it before it hit the ground as I anticipated for the time to come.

“Three, two-“ I idly said when my phone started buzzing, I gently brought it down enough for me to reach for it and pressed the snooze button. I grunted as I knew that it was really time for me to face the day.

I tossed my phone to the other side of my bed and it landed softly at the edge of the mattress. I covered my whole face with a pillow and tried to catch some sleep again. I didn’t want to wake up or maybe just didn’t have the motivation to do so.

Five minutes passed by and my phone started to buzz once again with annoying sounds of bombs and gunshots. I managed to stand up eventually despite that my bed had its own gravitational pull, though I found myself about to lay down again. ‘Stop’, I told myself.

My dress code was always the same: jeans, a top that I just randomly picked out of my closet and a pair of shoes which I had ever since my old ones broke two years ago when it became my weapon from a mean looking cat. I looked at myself. 'Normal.' I muttered the word. Am I? I grabbed my brush and combed my hair while I scrutinized myself in the mirror. It's just another day. 

I went downstairs and found my brother about to start with his cereal. He was fourteen, three years younger than me and yet he still looked like a clueless twelve year old. He had blonde hair and cool cerulean eyes while I had brunette hair and dull olive eyes. I inherited everything from mom, and he looked identical to dad which left a lot of impression that we were adopted.

"Big day today, champ," I told him. It was the last day of school and though we were not required to come, I figured that it was the best thing to do.

"Hmmm...." Bryce mused. He tapped his finger by the counter top unconsciously and stared with blank eyes at me. He ate his cereal with no interest to finish it at all.

"What's the matter, Bryce? Is something bothering you?" I asked him with concern lacing my words. He looked at me as if I was about to do something really horrible, something that could dishonor our family.

"I had a vision last night," Bryce told me. His fingers suddenly stopped tapping as if it was remotely controlled. He moved his hands closer to his thighs and faced me with his blank and expressionless eyes.