chapter 3 first levels

I appeared in a small village.

I pulled up the menu it had 5 sections skills, inventory, map, quest, and journal.

I opened quest and it split into 3 sections.

The sections were request, story, and side.

Request and side were locked and the quest under story was to do villager missions on the village mission board.

I looked at the missions board list and saw that purchasing items were most of them. I bought a sword, armor, helmet, and gauntlets. My level increased and with it my stats rose and I gained skill points and attribute points. I upgraded intelligence with the attribute points.

When I looked at my skill trees I saw a new skill tree for reaver. The first ability in it's tree was reaper lvl1.
When your health is under 10% all stats and skills are 30% stronger and all effects are 30% more effective.

"Well that's interesting"

I bought the skill with a skill point and a new section appeared on my skill menu.

Enjo appeared beside me and laughed.

"Seems I forgot to completly explain skills"

"OK then" I said

"Well there are 5 types of skills. Activated, passive, sustained, automated, linked and by extension chained."

"OK what's the difference?" I asked.

"Well" ,enjo said with a smile "activated skills are activated like standard attack abilities. Passive abilities are always active, for example a skill giving you +10 weapon proficiency would be passive.

Sustained are abilities that you have to activate and deactivate and drain you while they are active, for example a skill that gives you +20 armor but depletes stamina as long as its active would be sustained.

Automated skills are like your skill reaper. They automatically activate and deactivate on certain conditions but don't drain you like sustained."

"Oh ok I get it" I said back.

Enjo kept talking.

"Linked skills are skills that are only available after another skill has been mastered. Normally you'll have to choose between two"

"Chained skills are skills that are only revealed when other skills and attributes are at certain points. For example the skill hook and impale is a skill that requires dual wielding, require you to use a spear, and to have the ability hooked chain as well as 40 strength."

"Ok so chained skills require other skills and attributes'' I said.

"Exactly" he said.

Enjo laughed "I'll be back if you need to know anything else" then he vanished.

I opened the quest section and looked at story. It said to speak with the mayor for request.

I opened the map, and saw the village from an over head view. There were small houses and shacks around the outside with small shops and booths on the inside with the library and mayors office in the center across from each other.

I walked to the mayors office and as I entered he ran up to me.

He was like a comical kind of mayor with a handlebar mustache a purple suit with a pink tie, near yellow skin, and he was short and really heavy set. He was also bald, so bald that the ceiling above him had a bright light on it. The kinda light you get when the sun reflects off a mirror.

"Adventurer we need your help! Monster are everywhere I have a list of request from the villagers for you every player has this list so you should do the good jobs before someone else does"

"Very direct aren't you" I said back to him.

"Finish a request and I'll give you full access to the library along with what ever the residents pay you" he said.

"I'll see what I can do" I said.

I looked at request and scrolled to the top where the more valuable request were.

The top request was called Dragon Lightning

I selected read request.
Dragons are taking over the mountain please kill them but beware they are extremly dangerous and they are deadly when useing their lightning.

I selected it and looked at the details section.
Loot available: rare crafting material, Staff of thunder, Static daggers, Lightning katana.
Job payout: 5000 gold per member
Recommended party size: at least 4 lvl 10'S
fails so far: 39
Players currently on quest: 1

''Well that's discouraging" I said.

I took a deep breath and selected start request.