chapter 11 forest of travels-1 dark camp

(Hey readers I'm Adding a new mechanic to the story so that when words appear in between ' it would be a thought)

The map labels this place The forest of travels
The forest itself is dark, the sun only comes in through the holes of the tree tops and makes a pale blue light.
It feels almost cold in the shade cast by all the trees.
luckily I bought the world map like Ryan suggested.
There are many paths going many different directions in the forest, but being able to make a waypoint gives me a general direction to go. The waypoint system works like a compass. There is a small green arrow that only I can see, and it points to the waypoint destination which in this case is the city.

The trees are very tall nearly thirty feet, and the branches spread far out sometimes tangling with other tree branches. The paths are just brown dirt roads. Aside from the paths and trees there are some small grassy fields and occasional abandoned buildings or caves probably waiting to be expolered by players.
"I should just keep going. I wonder how far to the village."

My reckless attitude had vanished after hearing that death here meant death in the real world.

A warm yellow glow which looked like a fire glowing, situated just behind a thick cluster of trees caught my attention. It would be extremely easy to miss, almost as if it had been planned to be unnoticeable.

"The intelligence attribute must have caused me to notice it"

The dirt and lack of twigs and leaves made it easy for me to sneak closer, despite me not having a single stealth perk. The armor I had gotten from Ryan never made a noise. The shoulder plates which I thought would rustle were actually made so that they pressed onto the armor tightly and never made a sound.
Quietly I peeked through the trees and saw a camp. Red tents and a large stone structure formed a circle. A large fire stood in the middle and soldiers sat around it. The soldiers wore standard greyish looking armor. Above their heads was darkness foot soldier
There were also Darkness mages who wore red robes, and a Darkness lesser general. The lesser general had black armor with red trim. He carried a large sword on his back with spikes on it that curved and pointed down toward the handle.

The mages sat around the stone structure while the general stood in the largest of the tents. Upon count I noticed there were only four soldiers. In the largest tent was a wooden chest that caught my eye.

"I could take them out in one swoop"

Quickly I used smoke pellet to appear behind a footsoldier and quickly stabbed him repeatedly in the back area.
Each time my blades damaged him blue lightning went through his body causing more damage.

So much for the non reckless attitude

The foot soldiers all rushed at me clumsily swinging their swords at me all at the same time.
As Ryan suggested I in fact could catch a sword with my gauntlets, and so I did blocking one slash and dodging the others.

Quickly I twisted the sword I had caught and pushed it through the foot soldier who was holding it which did damage as well as bleeding damage as I left it in there.

Thinking of needing a shield I spun around and pushed the soldier into his two allies who happened to be thrusting forward.
The soldier acted as a good shield taking the hits for me and killing him.

The damage done to targets by others apparently didn't show up so there is no way to tell how much damage was actually done.

I looked over and saw that the mages had began blasting energy at the stone structure. Above the structure was a meter filling up steadily.
The meter was nearly half full. The general was rushing toward the fighting.
Turning back I quickly grabbed the two soldiers blades which they were attempting to pull out of their dead ally, and i pulled them toward me so the handles of their swords almost went into the body.