Chapter 1 introduction

(To Whom it may concern. If you are reading this let me be clear, this is not Sword art online. It's is not similar to Sword art online in any way except that it is based in a video game. If you are going to just comment that it is the same, at least read more than a few chapters and you will see it is not the same and then you can criticize me on my bad writing skills or something. With that said, I hope you enjoy~)

Rise of the darkness was originally released as a console RPG. It was completely unnoticed and many people don't know it was ever made. It was then rewritten to be a MMORPG. It was rated as 3 out of 10 stars and majors critics said it was "just ok". Rising studio, the developers of the game, were on the verge of bankruptcy. Suddenly they released a completely rewritten copy with a promise it would be completely unique. They released it with a device that was said to "make the game real". When the device is put on it and attached to the user it sends the user's consciousness into the game. This makes it so the game is completely perceived as real. However shortly after the launch of the game it was discovered death in the game meant death in real life ,and that there was no way to log off. It was shortly after that investigators discovered nearly all employees of Rising studio were reported to be either dead or missing 24 hours before the release.

The players had a choice. Lay low and hope someone finds a way out, try to become strong and rule the rest of the players like tyrants, or attempt to beat the game and stop the rise of the darkness in hopes the game will end. Or are all of the players just pawns for something bigger?

This story is of the launch of the game and of kane korosu, a gamer who got a copy of the game before most people were able to play it.