chapter 38- Uniting the Kingdoms

Suddenly I appeared outside the cave where I met Master Trian. However, the cave wasn't there, as if it had vanished. I decided not to think about it and traveled back to meet with Ryan and Ken. I didn't know much about the darkness or its fortress so I was hoping they would. As soon as I got back, I arranged a meeting to talk to them both.

Ken spoke first, "Where have you been?"

"I retrieved the last piece of the rune"

Ken responded, "then why are we still here?"

"Because to activate it, I have to place it in a portal."

"Where is this portal?"

"In the fortress of darkness"

Ryan spoke up, "then it is impossible.."

Ken sat down in a chair and placed his hands on his head.

Ryan spoke again, "the fortress of darkness is surrounded by the dark army. It's nearly endless.. some speculate that there are three soldiers per every player and another for every player death. I'm not sure if that's true.. but the army is.. massive.."

Ken looked up, "it dwarfes the legion at its best. To stand a chance.. you'd need go gather nearly every guild there is..."

Ryan cut him off, "No.. no.. just the big ones.. The biggest guilds are like the legion. Each has a partnership or at least tie with smaller guilds. And even those that don't, their reputations and renown will make it so that just having their help will get us smaller allies. If you could get help from the biggest and most well known... you might get an army big enough..."

I looked over at Ryan, "That sounds like it would work."

Ken spoke up, "ok then, I'll compile a list of the key guilds and when ever your ready we can get started on meeting them".

"Good"

The next day

Ken finished his list and it had four key guilds that would give us the most results if they joined us. The list consisted of the guilds called

The Yvttkqtu
The Ravagers
Circle of Shadow
MetalBane

I looked over at Ryan and Ken, "where should we start, also why is the first one on the list impossible to pronounce?"

Ryan shrugged, "no one really knows..."

"I guess we will find out, we'll go there first".

The Yvttkqtu were located on the edge of the map to the east. They had a huge castle with four towers, one at each corner. There was a big open area around the castle with a giant wall circling the castle.

As we approached the giant doors in the wall, someone on top of the wall shouted down at us, "UVQR!!!"

I stopped walking and looked over at Ryan and Ken, "what?"

Ryan shrugged.

The person shouted at us again, "What is your business here!"

Ken spoke up, "We are~"

"WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE! WHY ARE YOU HERE?!"

Ken stopped after being cut off, "We wish to speak with your leader"

There was no reply and a short silence before the doors opened and we were allowed in. There was a crowd of soldiers around the door except for an empty walkway leading to a throne like chair about ten feet in front of the door to the castle. The soldiers seemed to all wear heavy armor and carry various weapons.