Chapter 35 Ryan's mistake

(This one is just to hold you guys over, the next one might take a while)

After we got back to the tower I called another meeting with everyone. Ryan seemed really upset about something and didn't speak at all on our way back, and when I actually held the meeting he didn't show. I thought that was unusual since he had always wanted to help. Lunar and Solar were also staying at the tower as they seemed to want to help also

As everyone gathered around the table I explained what happened with the abomination.

"So, you think other abominations have the fragments?", Ken asked.

"Yes I think so, although up could be wrong."

"Well, it's a start at least. I tested everyone to be on the look out for abominations to slay."

"Good, but maybe you should wait until tomorrow to do that. I think everyone deserves some rest."

"You're probably right"

After the meeting I decided to go find Ryan since he seemed so upset. He was in a forest near the tower. He had his shield set beside with his helmet on top of it.

He was facing a tree and he held one hand out beside him. He suddenly chopped it into the tree causing it to slice half way through before it got stuck. He then suddenly ripped it out before punching the top half of the tree with his other hand causing it to fall over and crash to the ground.

I stepped closer to where he was and he turned to look at me before looking back at the tree, "what do you think? Do you think my armor is powerful. It's is strong it cut through a tree. There are some weapons that can't even do that".

"It is powerful armor".

"It enhances all my attributes and makes all my skills much more effective. It's one of if not the most powerful armor out there. Do you know who made it?"

"You made it.."

"That's right... I did.. the best blacksmith in the world right?"

"I think you are".

He turned around and faced me, "how do you think I got that way?"

"The way everyone gets good. You probably practiced for a long time. You probably trained to be blacksmith since the beginning".

He paused before asking, "when we are at necropolis, what did you see when we entered the crypt? Will you tell me?"

"Yeah.. yeah I will".

I explained how every creature I killed came back to fight me. I even explained what happened with Kaze and satsujin. I never told anyone else about it and only Cry knew about it. Through explaining it I seemed to tell most of my life in the game.

He nodded as I finished, "it happened to me also. Everything I ever killed coming back. Things i had hopped to forget... You were wrong. I didn't start out wanting to be a blacksmith. I started out wanting to be a warrior. I wanted to be the best warrior. I scouted areas I was underleveled for and happened to come across a dead warrior. I looted his dead body and found a giant sword. It was two handed and but was lighter than a one handed sword. It did a fair amount of damage and had an enchantment that made its damage output level up every time it's user did. I decided to use it to become the greatest warrior ever. So.. I stared fighting everyone and everything I came across. I never lost. I didn't know... I didn't know..."

"You didn't know what?"

"I didn't know that people were actual people. I didn't know that when I killed people I was killing other players. I killed so many people. I killed everyone in the first village I came across. That is why I became a blacksmith. When I finally realized.. I was so upset just didn't know what to do... I became a blacksmith. I thought that if my equipment could save lives I might be redeemed for all the people I killed..."

I didn't know what to say to his story.

"The ghost that I saw in the crypt... Obviously weren't happy to see me... I murdered them... it's my fault they died... because I didn't know.."

I just stood there in shock not knowing what to say.

Ryan took a deep breath and then asked, "do you think I'll ever be able to redeem myself?"

.......

(what would you say?)