Chapter 31- attacked

It had been a few weeks since I had to kill my best friends. I had sort of gotten over it ,but it was still in the back of my mind. I didn't really do much those weeks. It seemed I was completely alone. Even master Trian had vanished. He stopped sending me training missions and everything. Cry seemingly vanished also. She didn't show back up at Gate ,but I wasn't surprised.
One morning I woke up to see that Lunar had sent me a message asking if I was interested in helping her and Solar clear out a dungeon. I just told her I was busy even though it wasn't true. A few minutes later I heard a knock on my door so I opened it, lunar was there.

"Busy huh?"

"I just didn't want to... So I made a polite excuse"

"Mhmm..."

I didn't really care what she had to say so I was about to close the door on her but she spoke up, "you need some fresh air... come with me.."

I didn't really want to, but I decided to go with her anyways.

She walked outside and lead me to a clearing in the forest that surrounded gate. The ground was barren and worn down yet it was surrounded by dense forest. There were no buildings or anything so I didn't understand why it was like this.

She must have known what I was thinking because she answered my question, "me and solar had a battle here.. he unleashed his most powerful attack and it burned everything away.. now nothing grows here anymore.. So I use it for when I want to get away."

"From what?"

"People"

"Oh"

She sighed, "I know what happened, and just know why you are so sad. And I want to help.. but I don't know how.."

"I don't think there is anything that can help"

"There is a cure for everything, even sadness.. you just have to find it. Maybe for you it's a battle.. turn your sadness into anger and direct it at a target.. here.. direct it at me.."

She twirled her staff, "don't hold back.. or I'll hurt you"

"I don't want to fight you"

"Well.. too bad", she said just before pointing her staff at me and causing a burst of white light to hit my face. It didn't do much damage or hurt so much. I'd compare it to a slap.

"I said I don't~"

She just made another burst that hit me a little harder on the other side of my face.
"Stop doing~"

"Ok I'll stop!", this time the blast was bigger and it pushed me down.

I growled and jumped up, "you want to fight! I'll give you a fight!"

She blasted again but I quickly used mana port to close in the distance and hit her with a running elbow. She stumbled back from the hit and I then grabbed her staff and threw it behind me. She started hitting my chest with palm strikes that made small burst of light so that they felt like huge punches. She hit three but when she tried for the fourth hit I grabbed her by the wrist and twisted her arm around before kicking her leg so that she fell to a knee. Then I grabbed her by the throat with my free hand and slammed her into the ground. My claws cut her even though I didn't specifically try to.

She laughed, "that's better!", and then made a white lighting bolt strike me and throw me back. She stood up and made her staff appear in her hands.

I stood up and quickly shot dark beam at her but she swatted it away with her staff. She then made a giant hand of white energy grab me and start to squeeze the life out of me before lifting me up and slamming me down. Before I even stood I made my giant shadowy hand appear and punch hard as it could so that it knocked her down, before making a second smash her downward and into a crater in the ground.