chapter 8 new skills

I fast traveled back to the town. The first thing I did once there was buy a lot of health potions. I noticed I still had skill points remaining and decided to go ahead and use them. After browsing lots of possible skills I found one called mana
When I looked at the description i saw it was unusual. It read
Warning
Mana is an advanced skill.
Learning will add a new aspect to the game as well as new attributes and a new mana gauge. It is recommended you be level 20 before trying to learn it.

I clicked ok and read the actual description.
Mana is a form of energy so to speak. It is very multipurpose and can be used to fuel magic type skills or to make to projectiles. As you progress this skill tree you'll have the chance to refine mana which as variable as it is, is still the weakest form, into sub classes that specialize in certain abilities. The subclasses are Ki, Magic, and Elemental. They also have even more specific subclasses. Ki is better for projectiles and attacks. Magic as the name suggest is used for fueling spells. It last longer and refills faster than ki but is much weaker offensively by itself. Magic however can make wards and coat armor for good defense and weapons for boosted offense. Elemental controls elementals and is more diverse than the other two but not as offensive or defensive as the other two without extreme devotion to one element.
I selected basic mana and used a skill point. I then looked at the upgrades for it. One upgraded damage done from projectiles. While another allowed it to coat armor or weapons. I then decided it would best to upgrade my weapon damage and armor. Used skill points to upgrade them so that only Two skill points remained. I upgraded reaper with one. The other I decided to use for a new skill. I looked around and found a chained skill. It was chained between my smoke pellet ability and mana ability. The skill was called mana-port
The description read- mana port allows you to use mana to teleport anywhere you can see. Rather than appearing there you phase there by turning into mana and moving there at extreme speeds. Your mana form will go through enemies to get there or even through things that would normally take health like fire. Upgrading mana to subclasses will add bonus effects depending on the subclass you chose. This will not replace smoke pellet, it will still be able to use.
I smiled and selected it. "This should be fun.
I started walking to the blacksmith.

"New armor and weapons should go great with these upgrades"