Chapter 20

I woke up at the inn again. The training with master Trian from the day before had taught me a lot. I learned how to detect poison and traps as well as what to do when faced with them. He also taught me about other indirect attacks like glyphs which are just magic traps on the ground that can be avoided and blocked if you know what to do.

Today was the day I was supposed to meet my new guild which I would be the leader of when I got there. Kaze was waiting for me outside the city, so I decided to get ready quickly.
I equipped my gear and walked outside the city where Kaze was leaning against a tree.

"How far do you think it will be to get there?"

I pulled up my map and looked at the headquarters for the guild. It was east of the city and looked as if it was a long distance.
"I honestly don't know, but the sooner we start the sooner we will get there"

"Then let's go"

The trail went east and was mostly open field with an occasional ruin or tunnel coming out of the ground. The travel went mostly uneventful until we got to one part of the trail that had a tunnel on both sides.

"This is likely a trap"

Kaze looked around, "possibly, should we avoid it or go through it to see what happens? I'd much prefer to see if-"

Kaze was interrupted by a rush of soldiers emerging from the tunnels and pointing bows at us. They wore chainmail type armor with metal helmets. Each of them had the words, bandit archer above their heads.

Kaze sighed, "never mind then, let just finish these peoples and keep going"

One of the archers yelled out, "surrender your items peacefully or you'll die!"

"I'll surrender my blades, where would you like them? Head or torso?"

The archers all fired their arrows, but I just opened a dark portal to absorb them and another to fire them right back at them which killed most of them. Kaze took out his daggers and threw them at the living soldiers stabbing them in the heart and then using his air powers to pull the daggers back to him.

After the archers were disposed of a guy with light leather armor walked out of the cave. He had an axe in each hand ,and the name above his head was Chasind

"You killed my archers. I'm hurt by that, but I think I'll feel better after you give me your stuff. And I'll be harder to kill than those archers."

Kaze looked over at me and asked, "mind if I kill him? I need katana practice anyway"

"All yours"

Kaze drew his katana and rushed Chasind.

Chasind slashed high with both axes ,but Kaze dodged and slashed him in the stomach. Chasind quickly slashed vertically with both axes. Kaze blocked with his katana and then kicked him in the torso making him stumble back.
Before Chasind could react Kaze stabbed the katana through him just beside where his heart would be.
Chasind fell to his knees dropping the axes. Kaze pulled the katana out of him and hit him in the face with his knee knocking him onto his back.

"Weak..."

Kaze sheathed his katana and continued walking and I followed.
"Did you kill him?"

"I don't think so."

After a long trip we finally got to the guild headquarters. It had stone walls around it with a small castle at the far end just. In the middle there was other buildings though I couldn't tell what they were for. All of this was surround by mountains and was uphill so attacks would have to be from the front like where kaze and I were approaching.