Chapter 10: Traveling

The travel arrangements for getting Aislinn to the school in Canada safely got more complex by the day. Finally, in a fit of temper. Michael snapped at them all. He was irritated with them, the plans were too complex. He proposed that he and Aislinn drive to the airport and take a plane to Canada. Aislinn agreed that his plan was the best. They left quietly and avoided all attention. As soon as they left the grounds of the school, Michael tensed up. Aislinn reached over and took his hand, he relaxed into his seat again, keeping his fingers laced through hers. Even when they got to the airport, he let her go to grab their bags, but took her hand again after. The bags contained an assortment of weapons, maps and charts, all carefully stored of course and hidden. They had passports ready and their tickets. The were stares at first and Aislinn realized that many people there were naturals, they knew who Michael was. And were therefore staring quite raptly at her. It made her shift uncomfortably and Michael glanced at her and then around at the naturals. His unreadable expression softened. He let go of her hand to wrap his arm around her shoulders. Much like her touch had calmed him, his touch affected her the same. She made an effort to calm down and he gave her a small smile. He kept his arm around her shoulders until they stopped at security. He moved his arm to her waist and then she felt his breath on her ear.
"Aislinn, don't move." He whispered. She didn't and then she heard it. The low growls, snarls and hisses. The angry glares leveled at her were obvious. She didn't understand until she remembered the shirt she'd chosen to wear, one that revealed her fading Hunter mark. Michael's breath ghosted across her neck, directly over the Angel kiss there. She shivered and he brushed the hair off her neck. It was as if all hostility had evaporated. Their gazes were all fixed on her neck, or more specifically on the angel kiss there. He pressed a gentle kiss to her temple. They had no more issues after that. On the plane, he kept a tight grip on her hand. She cast him a worried glance.
"Are they always going to..."
"I want to say no, but...unless they all know you, know who and what you are...and I'm not going to let that happen. That many people knowing you...you'd constantly be in danger."
"I'd be fine." She said, sounding almost tired. It startled her then when he pushed the armrest between them up,undid the safety belt and pulled her into his lap. He buried his face in her neck and hair.
"I wouldn't." He growled in a tone that befitted Kane or any other werewolf better than the angel he was. Several people looked at them. At the way Michael was holding the girl who seconds ago had been sitting next to him. She looked almost as startled as they were. Most of them on the plane were naturals. Michael was losing control, all he could see suddenly was her death, any number of ways she could be torn from him, and many of the ways would damn her. He couldn't stand it, couldn't bear the thought of losing her, not after he'd just gotten her. And then he felt her move on his lap. Her hands cupped his face and her breath was soft and then she kissed him. He could hear the number of seatbelts clicking open. Her shoulder was in full view of them. She kissed him gently and the haze cleared from his head, he held her possessively, moving and she broke the kiss.
"Michael?" He met her eyes.
"Asly." He crushed her to him. She let him, wrapping her arms around his neck and then burying her face in his hair. His arms were wrapped around her waist, his own lips pressed into her neck. People around them went back to their seats. He brushed his fingers up her shoulder blade. A set of runes flared on her skin, writing themselves in glowing silver on her shoulder blade, the edge of her Hunter mark vanishing as it did.
There was a werewolf teenager waiting for them. He looked to be no nonsense. Aislinn was slightly wary of the way he stared at her. He sniffed slightly and let out a surprised growl. He glanced at Michael slightly.
"You know she's Matt's sister right." Michael nodded, taking her hand again.
Aislinn kept fidgeting and Michael nearly laughed.
"Stop moving."
"I can't help it! I always carry a knife, have since I was three, it doesn't feel right being without one."
"I know." He said reaching back and taking her hand. "But you can't until we meet the highest class."
"Alphas, knights, mages, ect.?"
"Yes." The teenager said and then he grinned. "You've one less to worry about though. I'm Alpha Lucas Black, you've met my brother, Kane."