Chapter 23:One More Night

Katya's POV

I couldn't believe I was here. There were so many reasons for me not to come but yet here I was. I had wandered away from my friends and walked around the restaurant. Trixie really did change things and those changes weren't bad. "You finally made your way outside huh?"

"Hey Ging."

"What you doing out here?" I held up a lit cigarette. "Of course." Ginger sat on the steps next to me. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. Of course I am."

"Let me change the question, what's wrong?"

"Nothing Ging."

"Something you can't tell me?"

"I guess." Ginger hummed in response.

"Well, I don't know what's wrong but I'm going to just say go for it."

"But you don't know what's wrong?"

"True, but you look like a lost puppy. So my advice this time, is just go for it."

"How do you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Hit the nail on the head each time?"

"Because I know you. I also know that you wouldn't be looking this sad if it wasn't important to you." I shook my head as I blew smoke.

"Even if it's important, it can't happen."

"Why not?"

"Things in the way."

"Then move those things. Nothing is impossible if you really want to make it happen kid."

"I...thanks Ging."

"No problem. Now I'm going to go back inside, come find me if you need me."

"Will do." I took a few more drags of my cigarette before putting it out. After taking a deep breathe, I walked back inside. I walked past everyone to the back. I slowly turned the knob of the brown office door and walked inside, closing it softly. "Shouldn't you be out there?" Trixie lifted her head, looking at me.

"What are you doing here?"

"You invited me."

"Didn't think you would come." I walked to the center of the office and sat on the desk. I picked up a pen and twirled it around. "Katya, what do you want? Did you come in here just to torture me?"

"And how am I doing that?" Trixie rolled her eyes and leaned back in the office chair.  I positioned myself in the middle of the desk and put both of my legs up, one foot on each arm of the chair. "Missed me?" Trixie turned her head but I could see that same slight blush that I always caused and loved

"No."

"Well, I miss you."

"Thought you were pissed at me. Kicked me out of your house last time I saw you, you ignore my calls and my messages."

"Doesn't mean I don't miss you." I took one of Trixie's curls in between my fingers. "I miss seeing these curls covering my bed when you'd sleep over." I ran my thumb over Trixie's bottom lip. "I miss feeling these beautiful lips against mine." Trixie grabbed my hand and moved it away from her face.

"Katya, I don't want to hurt you okay?"

"What if I say I'm okay with the hurt?" Trixie's brown eyes met with mine and I felt myself being pulled in all over again. "I'm okay with it."

"I'm not." I put my hand on Trixie's cheek, softly running my thumb over it. Trixie put her hand on mine, letting herself relax into my touch. "Katya, I can't hurt you okay? You said that you love me, love me enough to not settle for this."

"Trixie, I'm not settling."

"What about that girl you came here with?"

"She's just my friend Trixie, she wanted to tag along." Trixie sighed as she kissed the palm of my hand. "Come home with me."

"What?"

"Come home with me. Spend one more night with me before you are taken away from me forever. I don't fuck married women."

"Oh so engaged women are free game?"

"Why of course. Now are you going to come home with me?"

"Katya, I feel bad okay?"

"For what?"

"Katya, what you said was true. I don't want anyone to know I'm bisexual, I feel like I can't. I always told myself that I had to marry a man and well I am close to that. But you came along and changed my point of view. I said I couldn't love you but I know I could if I let myself. I just can't let myself and well you don't deserve that."

"Trixie, I understand okay? We don't have to do anything but I just want you with me for one more night."

"Are you sure Katya?"

"Yeah, I am."

"Okay. I guess we just have to wait until everyone leaves so we can go."

"Or we could sneak out the back?"

"That works too." I grabbed Trixie's hand and kissed it softly.

"It's going to take everything out of me to let you leave in the morning."

"I know."

"It's worth it though."