Chapter 4:Love is lost

Trixie's POV
It was around 9:30pm when I finally got home. I stopped at a bar and just sat in the back at an empty booth. It was peaceful just being by myself, no one to bother me. The peace sadly ended when I walked in the house. "Trixie, is that you?"

"Who else would it be Stevie?" Stevie walked down the stairs and stood at the bottom, looking at me. I sat in a chair near the front door and began to unbuckle my boots. "Why are staring at me?"

"Well, have you thought about what I said this morning?" I rolled my eyes and groaned.

"No, because every time I did, it made me very upset. I told you that I am not ready for a baby yet, I need you to understand that. Now, please drop it." I stood up and walked past Stevie to the bedroom, I could hear him following behind me.

"Trixie, come on. Think of me here."

"Think of you? Think of you? How about you think of me? We aren't even married yet and here you are talking about kids. Listen, I am not saying I don't want any at all, but right now is too soon. We have so much to figure out Stevie and adding a kid isn't gonna make us figure it out any faster."

"It isn't that big of a deal."

"Isn't a big deal? Dude you are talking about having a whole another human. A tiny human that can't do shit for itself so it has to depend on us. Well me because we both know you won't do a goddamn thing to help expect tell me when it's crying. I am not ready and there isn't anything you can really do about it bud. Because it takes two to make a baby."

"Ugh, you are just so, so never mind." Stevie walked to his side of the bed and sat down.

"I'm so what Stevie Lucus Morris? I'm so what?" He looked at me and then down at his feet. "Yeah, I didn't think so. Listen I'm leaving, you can call me when you stop being a selfish ass." I grabbed my jacket, went downstairs, put my boots back on and left. I started my car and just drove. My phone buzzed with a text from an unknown number.

Unknown: hey um its Katya, you told me to text you

She actually texted me. Like actually texted me.

Me: hey it is okay, thanks for texting me. I am really sorry about today. I know it was hella hard for you to hear.

I felt bad for Katya and her friends. They all seemed so sad at hearing about my grandfather not being able to properly run the business. I knew I wasn't him, but I was going to try my best to run it. Katya texted me a few more times but I focused more on my thoughts than my phone. I ended up at some park in the middle of nowhere after driving for an hour. I grabbed my phone and stepped out of the car. The park was almost empty but there were a few couples and even a man walking his dog. I sat on a bench and just looked at the water fountain. I looked at my phone to read the messages from Katya.

Katya: thanks for understanding, but I am the one who should say sorry

Katya: You didn't do anything wrong, it was all me, I was rude

Katya:I hope you can forgive me for just running off

I smiled and thought for a second on what to say back to her.

Me: it is okay Katya, all is forgiven

I locked my phone and looked as an older couple walked through the park. They looked so in love with each other. If that is what love really looks like, I could tell I wasn't in love at all.