Kidnapped

Chapter 16: Kidnapped

Jellal stopped. Earlier, Captain Sugar Boy had requested that he deliver a bag over to someone in the soldier's barracks because he had to attend a funeral. A strange favor to ask your King, especially if said request is instead befitting to some common errand boy. However, he agreed anyways. He is a friend above all else. Besides anything to get out of paper work, he rationalized.

Passing soldiers politely greeted their King, not at all questioning his presence in their barracks. "Now I am to give this to a Donovan. Maybe I could ask one of the—"

From behind, a hand covered the King's mouth and abruptly pulled him into a darkened room. Something soft touched his back. Two soft humps to be exact. "Shh." The woman placed a finger on his lips to hush him. His back was suddenly thrown against the wall. Jellal knocked over something that sounded like a thud of a broomstick hitting the floor. A closet? The space was cramped but it was enough for him to move around his hand and touch the shoulder of his "assailant." Dark as the room was, it wasn't a hard guess to figure out who this woman was.

His eyes squinted when she nudged the door slightly open and took a gander outside. Her father turned his head to and fro, as if he was searching for someone. He scratched his heavy beard with one hand and arched his brow in confusion. "Odd," Jellal could faintly hear the old man's deep voice from where he stood. "I could've sworn that boy went in here."

The woman sighed. "Good, he didn't see you go in here." Her tone sounded relieved. "Erza, is there something you'd like to impart to me?" Knightwalker plastered her palm on his mouth. "Not so loud. My father has sonar hearing. Listen, just be mute for a little bit until my distraction arrives." An exasperated exhalation escaped her. Under her breath she muttered, "Why in the world did they choose here?" Jellal wasn't sure if she intended for him to hear that.

After a couple of minutes had passed, Ricard finally gave up on his hunt and turned his heel, but before he could be on his merry way, two figures approached the old man. Two certain individuals the King would notice any day.

"Ah, Miss Ultear." Jellal's head was on top of Erza's, as they watching the scene before them. She blinked twice. While their situation seemed harmless enough, if someone were to catch the King of Edolas and his trusted Captain behaving so suspiciously, an explanation for this would be hard to produce. "And Florence!" Ricard turned to other person, who happened to be Sugar Boy. Jellal frowned. Didn't he say he would be at a funeral today?

"How are you? Have you seen your King around here? I'd like to have a civil conversation with him." Civil. Right.

The old man's accent was thick and even though Jellal still haven't gotten used to it, there was no mistaking that he did say, Florence.

"Florence?" The pair whispered simultaneously. "Sugar Boy's name is Florence?" Her incredulous tone made him chuckle. "I suppose so." Then, he remembered her words from before. "What did you mean distraction? Do you mean those two?" A short yes was the respond he received from her. "My father has been breathing down my neck, playing the age card every chance he gets. We both know why he's doing it." That he does. The senior Knightwalker hasn't left his daughter alone for quite some time now, leaving Jellal rather 'Erza-deprived," as he would like to call it, because of her absence.

"So…?" He asked, trying to fish more out of her.

"So just shut up and wait." He was about to whine in way that only she has seen until they noticed Ultear and Sugar Boy had managed to get her father to agree into whatever grandiose plan they had mustered up in the morning. "All right then. I'll tag along. I suppose I'll catch up with the lad at another time." The blonde captain grinned and took the elder man's arm, leading the patriarch towards the exit of the building. When his attention was else where, Ultear shifted a bit to the side and faced the direction of the room the two was hiding in. She winked and nodded, prompting them to flee the area at once.