A Spared Moment

Chapter 7: A Spared Moment

"Sugar Boy, is Captain Knightwalker around?" He searched the room for any sights of his redheaded Captain, but she was nowhere to be seen. It was only a nearly passed out Hughes, and an intoxicated Sugar Boy that welcomed him. "Milord!" The blonde armored Captain hiccupped. "Come, have a seat! Drink to your hearts content!" Sugar Boy jovially raised his goblet and paid no heed to the King's query. Jellal laughed nervously. He hadn't planned on drinking himself silly since his reason for coming to the Captains' lounge area was to discuss something with a certain female Captain.

"Ah, I will have to pass on that one."

"Just one drink!" Sugar Boy raised a gourd and poured it in an empty cup, up to the brim, mind you. Its sticky red substance spilled onto the rounded counter table. "While you wait for the Captain!" His words were slurred and his whole was face red from the deadly spirit. The King sighed in defeat. He must be loosing his mind if he's actually participating in this. He raised his index finger. "Alright, Sugar Boy. One drink. Just One." I suppose one drink wouldn't hurt me.

Her brow twitched at the sight before her. She leaves for a moment and this is what she returns to. Hughes was sprawled on the ground, knocked out while Sugar Boy sat on one of the reclining chair, spinning himself like a top. Her fists clenched and unclenched. Her idiot Captains she expected this from, but from the King?

"Eelerza! Don't you…don't you look fine this morning!" The drunken blue haired King raised his glass, smiling gleefully at her. His movements swayed to the right as he attempted to approach her. "King, its 9:00 o'clock in the evening." She steadied his body "Is it?" He partly circled his arms around her neck and his liquor-contaminated breath invaded her nostrils. "Yes, King." She'll forgive his actions, just this once. She repositioned him so when the time comes, she could carry him with ease.

She eyed the two boozed up Captains. They're on their own, she thought. However, she needed to get his Majesty away from here, before anyone witnesses his foolish behavior. After all, he had his good reputation to protect. Knightwalker hooked up his arm onto her shoulders and half-carried his sluggish form. He moaned. "Come on, King. Work with me here." She cautiously peeked out the door, making sure no one was around. He is much heavier than I anticipated. Fortunately, the castle halls at night were relatively deserted, so she didn't have much to worry about.

They were finally nearing the King's chamber, but carrying this dead weight of a king was starting to take its toll on her. Just a few more… Erza suddenly overheard distant voices around the corner. A rush of adrenaline swam in her system and in panic, she lifted the King up on her back and hastily hid in the nearest closet she could find.

From inside the unlit closet, she could hear the familiar voices of Coco and Byro. Knightwalker was expecting one of those dangerous gossiping maids, hence her actions to sequester themselves from prying eyes. It was bad enough that there were already rumors about the King and her, but if they were found like this…she shivered at the thought. Disaster. Thankfully, it was just Byro and Coco, so all should be fine, but she might as well wait for the pair to pass on by. Tch, there needn't be any reason to work yourself in a worry, Knightwalker.

Their footsteps were fading away and now that they were gone, Knightwalker hoisted the King onto her back again, but she lost her balance and crashed back down. She heard his pained grunt as he hit his back on the wall behind him. "King…" She barred her teeth in frustration as another one of her attempts to lift him up failed. A set of colorful profanities escaped her lips. What kind of awkward mess is this?

"Erza." Hot breath caressed her neck. Perhaps it was just the small, crammed closet, or the strange, intimate atmosphere that surrounded them, but it was certainly getting...warmer in the room. It didn't help the fact that the compact closet barely left her any chance for coherent thought since she was pressed up against his hard frame, and was situated in between his legs while his head was draped on her shoulder.

"Get up." She said with indignation. Then, strong arms encircled her fit waist. Her breath hitched as she sat there motionlessly. She just hope that if a higher being does exist, that nobody opens the damn door that concealed them from curious onlookers. "King, let us try this agai-" But it was no use. Iron like arms trapped her in place. "Your Majesty, I am sure that you are indeed in control of your actions so if you don't mind, please remove your hands from where they are." He uttered something in her ear. "What was that, King?" Strands of his soft hair tickled her cheek as his head shifted. He was nuzzling her neck.

"Are you trying to seduce me, Captain?" His words slurred with mischief and confidence. The unexpected deep timbre of the King's voice made her heart skip a beat for reasons she couldn't quite comprehend. "King! Unhand me now!" Her tone hushed down to a whisper. "I will take you back to your quarters so…" What felt like something or rather someone nipping on her neck halted her words.

"King!"

"Erza, just spare a moment of your time…" He was beginning to drift off. "…And let me hold…" His breathing leveled out. "Your Majesty…King?" All alarms triggered off in her mind. "Jellal!"

How did her day end like this?