A Fine Day

Chapter 4: A Fine Day

A perfect, and peaceful day at the Royal City town square…Edited: An almost, perfect, and peaceful day at the Royal City town square.

"I'm going to kill you bitch!"

"Well hello to you too, Lucy. I'm surprised you're not humping that boy toy of yours today." Lucy Ashley's face flushed into a shade of bright cherry. Boy toy? Did she mean Natsu?

"Humping? They're torturing techniques!"

"Hence the whip? I think I'm liking you a little bit more, Fairy girl." Lucy would give Gray and Natsu's arms to wipe off that damned smirk right off of Knightwalker's obnoxious face. "Amusing as always, but I cannot waste my precious time with you. Good day and wear protection will you? We can't have you spawning now, can we?" Knightwalker effortlessly dodged a gigantic rock that flew her way. Where in Anima's name did she acquire such a rock?

"Come back here dammit! We aren't finished!" But they were finished in the Captain's head, at least for today.

Knightwalker trekked back to the castle. She noticed an odd looking person, by the castle walls. He was covered, from head to toe, the gaudiest attire Erza had ever seen in her life and she thought Sugar Boy had terrible taste. The white cloak he was wearing concealed his face and the guards were completely oblivious to his presence. Training will be more rigorous if they can't even sense an intruder that's biting them in the ass. The intruder slinked away, undetected, from the guards. A suspicious character like him can't be ignored. She chased after him.

She followed the intruder to an area where various wild flowers grew throughout the seasons. She hid behind some obstruction nearby and watched him…gather flowers.Flowers? I followed him…here…for flowers? She wasted her time, again. She changed her mind when she overheard him speaking to himself. "What should I pick for her? Does she even like flowers? Ah, Arycianth. These will match the color of her hair." That voice, however muffled, is his voice. She marched over to his figure and grabbed him on the back.

"Your majesty."

"Ohohoho. No, I am not he." He lowered the tone of his voice and spoke in a strange accent. "I am just your lovely court jester, Mystogan. Ohohohoho!" She uncovered the veil that hid his face. "Oho…ho…ho…Captain Knightwalker, I didn't realize it was you." He flinched. If she finds out about my daily excursions here, she is going to tie me up to my bedpost…and not the way I would prefer it. "Your majesty, what are you doing here without an escort." Her voice was a mere shout, but he knew she wanted to say more.

"Peace, Erza. I'm just enjoying this fine day and since you're here, you can be my escort. Would you like to spend the day with me?" Her lips twitched, annoyed and somehow pleased that he asked. She flicked of that pleasant feeling away. This is probably just another creative way to throw me off guard. "No thank you, your Majesty. The only escorting I will do is to escort you back to the castle." He pouted, like a dog that was kicked to the curb. Fortunately, Captain Knightwalker was immune to pitiful faces. She dragged him by the ear.

"Captain, just a few minutes, then you can do away with me." She sighed in defeat. Maybe she wasn't entirely immune to such pitiful faces after all. "Very well, King. Five minutes." He tried to negotiate the time limit. " Five, King! Five minutes. Oh look, a minute passed, four more now."

He smiled and sat on the grass, basking on the brilliant sun's rays. He looked content and she couldn't keep her eyes away from him."Is there something on my face, Captain?" Why did her face feel warm? It couldn't be because she was blushing. No, impossible. I am the First Captain of the Imperial Royal army regiment! I do not blush! "Yes, a bug." She slapped him on the face, to solidify her alibi.

"I hope you got it, Captain." He weakly muttered from the ground. "I apologize. I acted without thinking." He rubbed his bruised cheek and smiled gently at her. "I don't mind if it's you doing the hitting, Captain. Although, I prefer that you hit on me, not literally hit me." He was smacked on his other cheek.

"Was that another bug, Captain?"

"Dirt, your Majesty."

He took the small scarlet flower, the very same flower that he had picked earlier, and tucked it behind her ear. "Beautiful, Erza." She could die from embarrassment. She looked away and breathed in. She grappled the hilt of her sword and fought with herself not to draw it. "Don't be embarrassed, Captain. No one is around. You can kiss me too if that's what you desire." He puckered his lips. She stuffed the flower in his mouth. "As if I ever would!"

Unbeknownst to the pair, two nosy Captains were eavesdropping on them.

"Like, whoa, Sugar Boy. Amazing. You were right!" Hughes clamored.

The armor-wearing captain laid out his palm. "Hmmm, pay up then, Hughes."