His Jealousy

Chapter 13: His Jealousy

"Hey, Erza. Help me out, will you?" pleaded Hughes and knelt on the ground. The five-year-old boy next to him mimicked his actions. "Look Hughes, if I don't have any patience when it comes to you, what makes you think I'll have any patience around…mini you." He latched on her leg, while the little boy latched onto the other. "He's my nephew, Erza and I just gotta grab something really quick. Please, you don't even have to interact with Maes, just watch him. Gimme five minutes. You can take him to the garden." The trio was starting to attract curious onlookers. She growled. This is embarrassing.

"Fine, you better be back in five minutes." The taller Captain gave her an appreciative hug, but she recoiled in disgust. Has she mentioned she disliked friendly hugs?

"Go. Now." Hughes ran like a mad man to his errand.

"Amazing." Maes uttered his uncle's catchphrase. Mini Hughes stared at her with bugged out eyes, as if he was amazed to see Knightwalker. "You, little person. Come with me." Maes eagerly followed closely behind and placed his hands inside his corduroy jumper. When they arrived, he immediately ran towards the fountain near the center of the garden. Mini Hughes dipped his tiny fingers in the cool water and he giggled. Knightwalker observed the lad attentively. She has never seen a small child up close before. The kid was playing with the water, but he was enjoying himself, regardless. Can something so trivial be that entertaining? Children. What simple creatures.

"Nooo!" The boy splashed his hand onto the shallow water, pretending that it was a Legion crash landing into the ocean. "You can make it!" He's just as insane as Hughes."Little person, what are you doing?" Maes coughed a roar, however, he ended up gurgling instead. "What are you doing, Elra?"

"Erza." She corrected.

"Mezra."

"Erza."

"Bezera."

"E- RU-ZA! Understand, little person?" The child bursts into a fit of laughter. She realized that the boy was just leading her on. Now, she was pissed.

Then, Knightwalker's eyes stalked the boy's movements when he skipped to a flowerbed. He knelt down, picked a flower, and timidly handed it to the Captain. "Sowwie, E-ru-za." She sighed and wordlessly accepted it. Fine, she had to admit. The kid was a little…adorable, despite him being related to Hughes by blood.

The King emerged from the large doors. When his eyes connected to the figure of Maes giving his woman a flower, his lips twitched. Given the fact that she had also accepted the flower was enough to rile him up. He marched up to them. "Hello, Captain. Young man." Maes babbled something that sounded like, "Your Majesty."

"King? Is something the matter?" She eyed his furrowed brow and his frown. Was he upset about something? "Young man, do you know whose woman you're giving a flower to?" The King hissed. The tot tilted his head with his mouth wide open. Maes pointed to his rounded, baby face. "Mine?" Jellal's head was about to explode. "I claimed her first!" He hovered above the boy. Knightwalker smacked her palm on her forehead. Was he really arguing over her with a small child? Feeling jealousy just because a child had given her a flower was completely absurd. He was a grown man that rules over this country and he was wasting his time feuding with a child who can barely tie his shoes. A smarting headache was starting to claw at her brain. Is the five minutes over yet?

"Hey, Erza." Hughes returned with a bag of goodies in one hand. "Hey, Your Majesty! Amazing! Thanks for taking care of Maes." The lad sprinted to his uncle and hugged his side. "Thanks again, Erza." Maes waved goodbye to her. "Bwai bwai [bye bye] E-ru-za!"

"Bye." They left and Erza can only breath a sigh of relief. She was glad that was over.

"Erza."

"What." He was pouting, causing her to smack him on the head. "Really, is there something loose in your brain? He's a little boy." He remained unsatisfied. "You accepted his flower, but not mine." He whined. His pride was hurt. His jealousy rooted from something idiotic, as expected of the strange monarch. Knightwalker shook her head. The King was acting like a little boy and she has never seen this childish side of his before. Why did it amused her?

She forced back a smile. "Very well. Get me some flowers and I'll go ahead and accept them. Will that appease you?" His bright smile bounced back on his face. "I'll buy you the whole stall!" She had a slight inclination that he was going to say that. The King retreated back inside the castle, no doubt heading towards the market to buy her flowers. Knightwalker's eyes widened. Was he about to go to the market area without any guards in tow? Did he forget his royal position?

"King? Don't go by yourself!"