Someday

Chapter 5: Someday

The Legion Stable

The Ebon Legion wagged his gigantic tail, knocking over a soldier who was starting to climb on a ladder onto the next level. "Watch what you're doing, soldier!" Captain Knightwalker berated the poor boy from where she stood. During his fall, he knocked his head on the wooden bench below. "Yes, ma'am. I apologize." He rubbed his head and resumed what he was doing before. Why am I sorry? He was relieved that he was the only one here besides the Captain. It saved him from the embarrassment and teasing from the other recruits.

"Leave. I am more than able to handle this on my own." The recruit merely bowed his head and left. Tch, these new recruits, I swear. Its like they have two left feet.Knightwalker brushed the soft fur of her winged friend with a very dangerous looking brush. It looked like it had the ability to take a head out if she really wanted to. Now, finished with the beast's body, she continued onto the wings. The brush was long enough to reach from her height, but the creature wasn't cooperating with her anymore. He roared. "Pocco, what the hell are you doing?" One gust from his enormous wings sent the Captain flying back. Her brow furrowed when she saw a reddish patch on the surface of the beast's wing. He's injured. Why didn't I see that?

Someone ran towards her. "Captain! Are you harmed?" Out of all the people she would expect around the Legion stables, his Majesty was not one of them. "Erza, here." She staggered slightly as he helped her to her feet.

"His Majesty shouldn't be in this kind of place."

"Neither should you, Milady." She grimaced. "I'm no lady, King." He cupped the back of her head. It was bleeding. "The Legion attacked you, Captain?" Knightwalker's stubbornness knew no bounds as she pushed him off, denying any assistance from him. "Just leave." She didn't feel like talking to him right now. Without somebody hold her in place, she stumbled back and leaned her body against a wooden pillar support. The world was suddenly spinning. "Leave. I can handle this on my own." The Legion cried out a painful roar. "He's just injured. I aggravated his wound and I'll…" Normally, a scratch like this wouldn't affect her but these past few days had been quite…unpleasant for her. Nightmares had plagued her dreams.

Her vision grew out of focus.

"Captain!"

Knightwalker pried open her heavy lids and was greeted by the blanched color of the infirmary room. A bandage was wrapped professionally around her wounded head. "Amazing, Erza! Like whoa, you okay?" Brown eyes shifted towards the direction of the voice. "Hughes? What happened?" He recapped the events that had happened the best he could to her.

"His Majesty brought me here?" She managed to sputter out.

"Yes, he looked amazingly worried about you. He like asked me to stay with you. Amazing, right?" Hughes' voice was too loud and too annoying to register in her head. "Right, amazing." She said, repeating his last words. A strange aroma wafted in her nostrils. It was enough to make her almost empty out the contents of her stomach. "Hmmm, I see Erza is awake. That is good news. Perhaps you should get some food in your system." Sugar Boy laid the tray of food on a nearby counter by her bedside. "No thank you, Sugar Boy. Not now." Hughes grabbed a fork and ate some of the items on the plate.

"Hmmm, Hughes, that's not yo-"

"Is she feeling better?" The King returned. Hughes abruptly stood up immediately upon his arrival, with a piece of potato hanging out of his mouth. He mumbled out, "I think so." Sugar Boy seized the ends of his white collared jacket and dragged him out. "Sugar Boy, what are you- I wasn't done eating!" The armor clad man closed the door behind him.

The King sat by the edge of the bed and brushed some lingering strands of hair away from her eyes. It's not everyday the pensive Captain Knightwalker could look so…vulnerable.

"Shall I spoon-feed you?" He teased, but it had no effect on her.

"Leave me, King." She averted all eye contact from him, but she could still feel his intent stare on her. "Erza, what goes inside that pretty head of yours?" Knightwalker's eyes were starting droop down. Lethargy was starting to overcome her and she tried to fight it, but it's winning. Why does it feel like someone had drugged me?

"Rest. You can tell me your worries later." To her chagrin, his voice soothed her spent body. Her breathing steadied and when he was sure that she was indeed in deep slumber, he leaned forward and kissed her lightly on her forehead.

"Someday, you will share your troubles with me, without my asking."