Chapter 28

~Sunday evening~

                       -Niall-

"Babe." Melissa said, nudging me awake. We'd fallen asleep together on the couch, watching a film.

"Niall someone's at the door." She said louder, gripping my arm. I quickly sat up, blinking my vision clear and preparing to defend Melissa.

I'd barely gotten to my feet before Harry stumbled inside, balancing a box on his hip and a large bag on his shoulder.

"Harry? It's nearly two in the morning, the bloody hell are you doing?" I snapped, irritated because of the fear he'd made me experience.

"Sorry, I was with Zayn and I stopped by my flat to get my things." He said, setting his stuff down with a thud.

"I'm off to bed." Melissa mumbled,  kissing my cheek before shuffling off down the hall.

"Where's Liam?" Harry asked me. I sighed, remembering how gutted Liam had been when he'd gotten back in the car.

"He's sleeping in Elle's bed." I answered, rubbing my forehead and stifling a yawn.

"Where's Elle?" He asked next, untying his boots.

"In her bed. She talked to him and she....helped him out." I yawned, unable to stop myself.

"You can sleep on the couch." I said quietly, walking towards the dark hallway.

I stopped, something suddenly occurring to me. "Are you and Zayn together now?" I asked, looking back in his direction.

He licked his lips, looking at the floor.

"Um, not like...really." He murmured, fixing the pillows on the couch. I frowned, facing him now.

"Why not?" I asked not caring if my tone was sharp.

"We just haven't confirmed it." He corrected, stripping almost all of his clothes off and laying lengthwise on the couch. He pulled a blanket over himself, tilting his head back to look at me.

"I love him alot Niall. I promise." He said softly.

I stared at him, studying his expression. I glanced at the way he lay, so casual and spread out. Like as long as he was happy, he didn't have a care in the world. Harry's promises were always empty to me. Why hadn't he stayed with Zayn?

"I'm not worried." Was all I could say before turning and walking towards Melissa's room. Trusting Harry was never something that was simple for me....

~The next morning~

                     -Harry-

Someone had been tapping my cheek for almost ten minutes, and I couldn't ignore them anymore, as much as I wanted to go back to sleep.

I opened my eyes, looking directly at a grinning Elle.

"There he is. You're driving me to school, yeah? Mel says you've got work today too." She informed me, pulling my blanket off.

"It's too cold." I complained, pulling the blanket back over my head.

"Fine. I'm alright with missing school, but you'll be in trouble with Melissa." She said.

I pushed the blanket down to look at her, and I chuckled. "I've never heard you sound like such a child."

"Rubbish." She scoffed getting up from where she'd been sitting on the coffee table.

"Now come on." Elle pressed, stopping at the front door.

I somehow got to my feet, digging through my bag and finding suitable clothes. I slipped into them, picking my keys up off of the coffee table.