Chapter 11

~Friday~

                           -Zayn-

I straightened my tie once more, staring at my reflection. Not one hair was out of place, not even what stubble had developed since I last shaved. I had decided to be basic tonight, and wear a black suit with a white dress shirt, and black tie. Of course, I had to wear black socks and shoes so it would match.

"Are you ready now Zayn?" I heard Niall call.

I ignored him a moment, studying my features. Why did Harry call me beautiful? That's what women were called. I didn't see it.

"Yeah." I said, probably to soft for him to hear.

I turned the light off, exiting the toilet and met him at my front door.

I smiled, looking at his metal grey suit, grey shoes, white dress shirt and green tie.

"I love the green accent you've got there." I nodded.

He smiled, looking at his feet.

"Yeah, I wanted to wear my Ireland flag tie but....I felt like that would clash." He chuckled.

"Maybe just a bit." I smiled.

After I locked my flat, and followed him into the lift, he cleared his throat.

"So...what're you going to do about Harry? Won't it be kind of, awkward with you, him, and that Louis bloke there?" He asked.

"M'not going to do anything." I answered with a shrug.

"Zayn...you're the mistress. You're not going to do anything? " He asked.

"The mistress?" I chuckled looking at him.

"Yeah...kind of, because you and Harry kissed and-"

"How did you know that?" I asked, ignoring the doors sliding open.

He grinned at me, stepping out of the lift. "I didn't."

I rolled my eyes and followed him outside. "Listen, Harry and I are mates, and that's all there is to it. Forget you saw anything else, yeah?" I nodded.

He nodded, leading me to the car where Nina sat in the drivers seat. Niall got in beside her, so I got in behind him, wanting to be as far away from her as possible.

"Zayn, can I ask you a couple of questions?" Nina asked after driving in silence for maybe five minutes.

"This brings back memories." I said, never agreeing.

She giggled, shaking her head. "Yes it does. Anyway, I..wanted to know if there's anything....going on between you and Harry." She said.

"Okay." I shrugged. If she couldn't form her words into an actual question, she didn't deserve my lie of an answer.

"Is there?" She asked.

"Is there what?" I queried.

"Is there anything going on between you and Harry?" She asked, obviously growing impatient.

"No, why would you think that?" I asked casually.

"Because the night you and Harry had dinner he said he was going on a romantic date." She said.

"Sounds like you should be asking Harry this rubbish. Not me." I said.

"Harry said the same thing about you." She said looking at me.

I swallowed, feeling caught. Although I wasn't just yet.

"Oh. That's...odd." I struggled to say keeping a calm tone.