Chapter 26

~The next morning~    

                       -Niall-

Sunlight shot into my eyes the moment I opened them, causing me to blink rapidly, pushing off of the bed a bit.

Through the floating blue dots, I saw Melissa lying there next to me. She blinked her eyes open, and they met mine instantly. I propped myself up on my elbow, resting my jaw in my palm as I stared at her.

She stared back with those eyes, barely biting at her lower lip. Her hair was messy, sprawled out across her shoulders and back. She looked beautiful.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, my eyes never leaving hers.

"For?" She asked softly, sitting up and looking down at me. Her hair fell in her eyes, and I took that as an opportunity to sit up, gently brushing it away with my fingers.

"Everything. I'm sorry I haven't been the best boyfriend. I don't want to lose you Mel...I know it'd be easy for you to find someone else....you're beautiful." I spoke truthfully, glancing at the bed.

"Honestly you're too good for-"

She cut me off with a sudden, but deep kiss. Her lips were soft, and I instantly kissed her back, ignoring the weak feeling I got and my burning cheeks.

"Anyone else but you." She smiled, resting her forehead against mine.

I grinned, tackling her in a hug. I rolled onto my back after we fell together, and she lay on top of me, sending her fingers through my hair. We stayed that way a while, gazing at each other.

"I love you." I told her, sliding my hands onto her sides.

"I love you too." She whispered, kissing my jaw and neck. I grinned again, pulling the duvet over us, wrapping my arms around her.

I had Melissa back, all I needed now was a good breakfast and my life would be complete.

                     -Zayn-

I felt him stroking my cheek gently, and I knew he'd stop if I opened my eyes, so I let them stay closed. I couldn't hide my smile, unfortunately.

"Good morning." I heard him chuckle softly, continuing. I opened my eyes, quickly looking away from his chocolate gaze before I blushed.

I wanted to be comfortable with this, and fully enjoy it but of course I couldn't. My mind had tried to take two different paths, and split in half, spilling my emotions and decisions everywhere, getting them all mixed up, and causing me to do things, and say things I'd never do or say normally. Perhaps that was why I had a headache. I didn't know what to do.

I couldn't use Liam. I refused to. I cared about him too much. Only Harry made me even think about doing such a thing. But I didn't understand why.

"Z?" He asked, sitting up a bit. I looked at him again, clearing my throat.

"Hey." I smiled at him. He chuckled again. "What're you thinking about?" He asked.

"Nothing important." I said, although my decision on what to do about Harry was one of my most important decisions.

He smiled slightly, leaning close to me, his fingers playing in my hair.

"You can tell me anything you know." He whispered, looking in my eyes.

I looked downward, my head suddenly spinning.

His lips met mine, and within seconds the kiss became heated. He pushed me onto my back, giving me one last kiss before looking down at me with a slight smile. He started stroking my hair, and I smiled back at him.