Chapter 2

[Edited]

-Louis-

I stared at the sink of dirty dishes, knowing Harry would give me the I've been at work all day, you've been here why couldn't you do the dishes speech, and I didn't want that.

I also didn't feel like washing them, and I had a feeling if I played my cards right, he wouldn't be upset with me. I'd cleaned everything else up around the flat, even making the bed, which was rare for me.

That should've been enough.

I quickly got up from the kitchen table, hearing the front door open.

"I'm home." His husky, forever calm sounding voice traveled through the flat.

I scuttled into the livingroom, and up to him, helping him out of his coat.

"Hey babe, how'd your day go?" I asked, tossing his coat on the coat rack sideways.

"It was...eventful. I've got a new case...well it's Nina's case, but I'm working on it now because if I wasn't, she would've sent the bloke to a mental institution." He said, walking to the couch and flopping down.

"That bad huh?" I asked, starting to massage his shoulders.

He hummed with pleasure before continuing. "Not bad, just eventful. I'm actually looking forward to working with this guy. He seems...different." He said slowly.

"Mhmm." I hummed, working on getting him to fully relax.

"Lou?" He asked, sounding sleepy.

"Yes?" I smiled using one of my hands to stroke his velvety curls.

"You didn't do the housework did you?" He asked knowingly.

Although, since he already knew, I failed to see why he felt the need to ask.

"Whatever do you mean?" I frowned releasing him.

He leaned his head back and smirked at me. "You're an awful liar." He told me.

"Forgive me?" I smiled leaning down close to him.

"....Dunno...It'll be hard." He said softly.

"Isn't it always hard around me?" I whispered playing with his hair.

"Always, babe." He grinned.

I smiled, placing a gentle kiss on his forehead before walking around the couch and sitting beside him.

"So what's this guy like? The one you'll be working with?" I asked, looking at him.

He shook his head, his small smile quickly fading. "He's...it's so sad Lou. He's so wrapped up in his boyfriend's death, and the guy was killed almost a year ago." Harry said, eventually looking at me.

"Well, a year is hardly enough time to get over a loved ones death...It'd take me about four, and even then I still would never be the same." I admitted.

"So you've already planned what it'll be like if I'm dead?" Harry asked, getting that little smile back.

"Yes, there's going to be a massive party." I said sarcastically.

He chuckled looking at his lap.

"...Will there be cake?" He asked.

"What? Harry I was kidding, and we're getting off topic." I said with a slight chuckle.

"If I die, there better be cake." He said, giving me a stern look.

"Sure thing. Now get back to the point." I said.