Chapter 48

~Sunday evening~
                     -Harry-
Zayn and I had taken today off, and had been moving things from our old flat to the new house all day.

We finished by dinner time, which was incredible, but then we had to begin unpacking it all.

We agreed to do Danny's room first so he could be in bed at a reasonable time while we continued.

Danny knew that it was now his bed time, so he hid from Zayn and I. He'd been playing this game for the past couple of nights, and thought he was very clever.

"Which way did he go?" I asked Zayn. Usually, I'd ask this question quite loud when we actually knew where Danny was. This time, we'd really lost him.

"He went down the hall, I think to the spare room." Zayn said, putting books away.

"You mean the baby's room." I corrected, looking at him.

"Right." He smiled.

I went down the hall and into the baby's room, seeing a foot sticking out of one of the empty moving boxes.

Getting down on my hands and knees, I quietly crawled over to the box. I waited a moment before I grabbed his foot, pulling him from the box and out into the floor infront of me.

"Hi." I said.

He grinned up at me, so I started tickling him.

"Harry no, s-stop!" He squealed and giggled, kicking my knees and trying to twist away from me.

"It's bedtime." I grinned, holding his sides as I leaned down to kiss his forehead. My hair got all in his face, although I didn't mean for it to.

"You need a haircut." Danny told me. I made a face at him, tousling his hair.

He giggled softly, rolling over and getting to his feet. "What's this room for, Harry?" Danny asked, walking around and kicking at empty boxes.

"You'll know soon." I smiled, getting up.

"Is it a secret?" He asked.

"Yes. Now c'mon, bedtime." I told him.

"Will you read to me? And talk like they do in the story?" Danny asked me, walking backwards infront of me as I walked to his bedroom.

"Yes." I sighed, knowing he loved it when I did the voices of the characters.

"Yay!" He cheered, running and jumping onto his bed. Danny quickly got under the duvet, settling down and waiting for me.

I put extra effort into my acting, and facial expressions, just to hear him laugh, or see him smile.

"Will you read it again, Harry?" Danny asked when I finished.

"You need rest for school, I'll read to you again tomorrow." I said, getting up and putting the book away.

I heard him yawn, and I smiled to myself.

"Goodnight." I said, turning his bedroom light off.

"Night Harry." I heard his small voice come from the darkness. I closed his door behind me, going back into the kitchen.

"D'you think you could finish up in here? I'd like to get more of our bedroom situated." Zayn said to me.

"Yeah, I've got it." I said, looking over all that needed to be put away.

"I'll be back." He said, walking out. I started putting up dishes and things. I'd gotten into a good routine, but of course that wouldn't last.

I stood at the table, taking the last of the dishes out of the boxes and what we'd wrapped them with to prevent cracking. I thought I noticed something on the floor, out of the corner of my eye, but I ignored it.