Chapter 27

-Harry-

It was quite a sight.

Zayn and I had gotten back into our clothes, and now were sat across from his father at the kitchen table. I knew we must've looked awful with tousled hair, swollen lips, love bites and different colours of paint smeared all over our bodies.

This was dreadful, and the speaking hadn't even begun. The silence was very uncomfortable. My head was pounding, and I felt like I was going to be sick.

"Zayn...." His father trailed off, shaking his head.

"Your mum has been worried sick. Nothing has been the same in our house ever since your older sister came to visit you and found nothing but police tape."

"We thought you'd gone back into depression and killed yourself." He finished, making me quickly pay attention.

"So, you expected me to, yeah?" Zayn asked sharply.

"Zayn-"

"I was kidnapped, I didn't kill myself, obviously." He said, folding his arms and slouching a bit.

"That's what the police told us, but of course they couldn't explain. Here you are, care to explain?" Zayn's father asked him.

"Liam's alive." Zayn said, staring at his father.

Zayn's father glanced at me, as if checking to see if I'd heard Zayn too. I nodded, causing him to frown.

"How is that possible?" His father asked. I studied his features, seeing alot of Zayn in him. It was a bit odd...

"It's a long story. Could I tell you later? At.....a better time?" Zayn asked, scratching at his neck. I noticed him tapping his foot as well, and blinking often.

Cigarettes.

Zayn's cravings seemed to be getting worse.

"I'll meet you...maybe at-" Zayn began.

"You'll make the drive up to Bradford next weekend, and you'll visit your mum and sisters, yeah?" His father nodded sternly.

"You'll explain then."

"Dad, I'll probably have work." Zayn said quietly.

His father only stared at him, with dark looking eyes. 

Zayn eventually sighed, nodding. "Yeah."

"Good." His father said getting to his feet. "Give your mum a ring once in a while, yeah? She misses hearing your voice Zayn...she worries so much."

"I know. " Zayn said, sounding like an annoyed teenager. "I am, I promise." He added, more sincere after his father glared at him.

"Now who's this again?" His father asked, glancing at me.

Hello sir, I happen to be the bloke who shagged your son last night, lovely to meet you.

"I'm Harry....Styles." I said, hating how I sounded like I'd forgotten my last name. I must've looked like some sort of imposter.

A colourful imposter....

"Are you two together? Is there anything I need to know?" He asked us.

"We're together." I nodded, taking Zayn's hand in mine and resting our intertwined hands on the table.

Zayn glanced at me, and I only smiled. Hey, if I was going to be an imposter I might as well go all out.

"You've got alot of explaining to do come next weekend Zayn." His father said. I smiled at the way he said his name. Zen.