Chapter Seven

Izuku's Pov

"Izuku what are you saying," Todoroki asks me standing up.

"I'm saying that I don't want any of you to get hurt. I have known most of you before and I care about all of you. So if the only reason any of you could get hurt is because of me. Then I will leave," I respond tears coming to my eyes. I watch as Toga running upstairs crying.

"Absolutely not. You can not go back there. They would kill you if they knew that you saw us as anything but a threat," he hisses.

"Then they won't know that. I am a good liar. I haven't agreed with UA for years the only reason I stayed was for" I quickly stop myself. I didn't want to talk about that.

"You can not stop me from going. Now if you excuse me I have to go get some things from your room," I look at everyone else with an apologetic smile then walk upstairs.

I didn't need or want his approval of my leaving. I walk into the room and pause for a second.

I could stay here. Fight with them and then we could all run away. We could leave this region and go somewhere where no one knows us. We could all be together. Todoroki and I could be together. We could all be happy. I could be happy. But that was a reality that wasn't real and never could be. And even so, I don't believe I am ready for that reality and how many people it would leave behind.

I shake my head and walk over to the dresser. The other outfit there must be Mina's. I was most certainly not wearing that back. The outfit she picked out had a skirt in it. I would steal something from Todoroki but I get the feeling that Kacchan would notice. It was kinda strange but he had a way of picking up on things like that.

I jump when there is a knock at the door. I slowly walk over to the door and open it.

It surprised me when it was Toga standing in the doorway and not Todoroki. Her hair was down and really wavy. She had a bundle of clothing in her arms.

"Oh hello Toga," I say stepping away so she can come in.

"I know there is nothing I can do to stop you from leaving so I thought that I should help," She explains. "Now please know that laundry day is tomorrow so this is the only outfit that was an option."

"What is it?" I ask a little scared.

She hands me the clothes without responding. "I will wait in the hallway," She says but I stop her.

"No it is fine I will just go change in the bathroom. It is where the mirror is anyway," I leave the room with the clothes.

I decided that it would be best to change without looking at the clothes. This could be worse than what Mina's outfit was. I finish changing and look in the mirror.

"Well at least I look good," I say with a laugh.

Instead of a skirt, it was a pair of high-waisted jeans that had flowers embroidered on the side. The shirt was cool. It was black with a dandelion being blown away and the words Wish come True.

I walk out of the bathroom and look for Toga instead I meet Todoroki's eyes. My insides feel like they are dying as he takes a step forward.

"Todo-"

He cuts me off, "I'm sorry. I understand what you are doing. If I could guarantee my family's safety I would do anything. So I am sorry."

"This whole interrupting me thing isn't going to work, okay? I'm not mad at you," I say as I walk up to him, "but I am a little sad that you don't support my decision."

"I just wish that you would let us help. Like have Toga go with you or something," he says in a defeated tone.

"That would but Toga in so much danger. You of all people should know that."

"I do know that and I also know how much danger you will be in," I notice tears start to well up in his eyes as he talks.

I hug him as a tear runs down his cheek. "Shoto it will be okay. Once you guys are safe, I will find a way to contact you. Besides I couldn't stay here forever anyway," I say looking up at him.

Shoto nods, I knew he understood that I couldn't just leave my friends. I hug him tighter trying to distract him from the bleak reality of the world.

"I have something I need to do," Todoroki says and starts to pull away from the hug.

"Wait Shoto," he looks at surprised that I finally used his first name again, "I...ah...I just wanted." I sigh and decide to just risk it.

I go up onto my tippy toes so I can look Todoroki in the eyes. Todoroki smiles at me and adjusts his arms so it was easier for me to balance. Before I could overthink anything I lean forward and kiss Todoroki.

I let Todoroki guide the kiss. It was very obvious that Todoroki had kissed at least one person before, I had not. Which made me wonder who else had kissed Todoroki. Though I try to stop those thoughts. I just focus on the fact Todoroki was holding me and kissing me. We both pull away at the same time out of breath.

"Wow, that was wow," Todoroki breaths out making me laugh.

"Now come on I have to talk to the others," I explain.

Todoroki nods and takes my hand as we walk out of the room. I had only ever held hands with one other person, not counting Toga, and that was Kacchan.

We never talked about it after but I never forgot. Todoroki had been put on morning scouting so he had to leave. Todoroki had tried to avoid morning work because he was the one who helped me through my night terrors and panic attacks. But since we were only first years we didn't really have the right to choose.

So on that day that Todoroki was gone, I once again woke up from a nightmare and got hurtled into a panic attack. I don't know how Bakugou heard me, his room was all the way down the hall while Todoroki's room was right next to mine.

Anyway, Kacchan has heard me and came to calm me down. But he claimed it was only so he could get some more sleep. He took my hand and I remember thinking that his hands were really rough but he was definitely trying to be careful.

"Izu are you okay?" I hear Todoroki's voice asking me.

"Yeah, I'm fine just thinking," I smile and realize we are in the bar again.

Everyone was gathered there and smiling at us. Toga was smiling at our hands though not us.

"So when are you leaving?" Kendo asks me.

"Soon. I want to say goodbye to all of you but first I have to ask Dabi something."

"Sure what is it, kid?" He asks me with a smirk.

"You guys have training rooms right?" I ask.

Dabi nods his head and points to another stairwell that goes underground.

"Can I talk to you in one?" I ask.

Shoto squeezes my hand as if to question me. I squeeze his hand back telling him that everything is going to be okay.

Dabi breaks away from the group and starts to walk to the stairs. I let go of Todoroki's hand and follow Dabi.

We walk into one of the training rooms and Dabi turns to face me. "So why are we in a training room?"

"UA knows that I was here. They can't know that I was here chilling with everyone," I explain.

"You want me to beat you up?" Dabi asks raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah pretty much. It wouldn't be very believable if I returned unscathed."

"So you want me to beat you up?" He asks again.

I shake my head and sweep my leg, making Dabi lose his footing and fall. I look down at him and smile.

"No, I want you to fight me."