Chapter Two

Izuku's POV

Once walking past the UA gate the air turns less fresh. Mei had made some sort of device that made the smell of putrid rotting flesh unnoticeable inside the gate. I look over to Uraraka who was plugging her nose.

"That isn't the most practical way to kill Rotters. Try putting on your mask," Kacchan says rolling his eyes at Uraraka.

She quickly puts on her mask and I follow suit. Uraraka didn't even say anything back to Kacchan. I smile at her trying to lighten the mood but all I get is a nod of acknowledgment. She had always been super serious about Exterminations. She didn't see anything wrong with all the murders. And even if she did she wouldn't say anything. Uraraka was constantly scared that if she said anything bad about UA they would kick her and her family out. I decide to go stand by Kacchan instead of her.

"What do you want Deku?" Kacchan asks me when I get over to him.

"Just wondering what exactly are we supposed to be looking for."

"Some of the teachers think that the league is getting closer to the gate. They are going as far as wondering if they are going to attack. So our main objective is to find them," Kacchan explains.

"What if we can't find them and what about Rotters. I mean obviously, we would kill any of the Rotters that we see but are we expected to see any. Like, have there been any sightings? And what are we supposed to do if we do find the league? Do we have t-"

Kacchan puts his hand over my mouth to stop me from muttering. Which I know I was doing. "Pink Cheeks you go on ahead we will meet you at the checkpoint," Kacchan waves Uraraka on with his hand that isn't over my mouth. She nods and runs on ahead.

"Listen Deku," he takes his hand away from my mouth, "I know how you feel about Exterminations and about killing Infecteds. You don't need to act like you agree with what is going on around me. I'm not going to pretend that I know what we are going to do if we do find the league but I do know we will have each other."

I wipe away the tears that had decided to run down my cheeks. "Thank you Kacchan but how did you know how I feel about the Extermination?"

"Well for one I have known since we were kids, I know you, and," He takes his hand, entwines it with mine, and starts to walk, "I feel the same way."

I was shocked. Kacchan had always wanted to be the number one, his idol like mine was All Might. Never in a million years did I think he would say that. There had to be a reason that he thought that now, then it hit me.

"Your friends right?" I ask putting the pieces together. "They are why you don't like Exterminations."

Kacchan hesitated for a second then nodded. "Yeah, when Sero got bit I was there. Same with Mina. Asui, Ojiro too. I was there went all of them got bit and I had to see all of them die," Kacchan says. He kept his voice even but I could see the sadness in his eyes.

It made me realize that I had never seen anyone I know die. Only heard about it when the others got back or when no one came back.

"Pink Cheeks where are you!" Kacchan yelled when we made it to the checkpoint.

A scream rings out from the other side of the building. I don't even look at Kacchan before taking off in the direction of the scream.

What I saw when I got to the other side of the building was horrifying. My beloved friend trying to hold off a horde of Rotters.

"Uraraka!" I scream running to help her. I turn back quickly to make sure that Kacchan is close by.

Kacchan was running toward Uraraka but suddenly stopped. His face scrunched up in pain and he clawed at his choker.

I look between him and Uraraka. "Deku go help Uraraka I'm fine!" He yells.

I listen to him and run to Uraraka. "Getting into trouble a little early aren't we?"

"Now is not the time to be quoting Disney," Uraraka snaps as I kick one of the Rotters heads off.

I shrug and take out my katana. The Rotters start to advance pushing Uraraka and me apart. I continue to slice through Rotters. My stomach twisted and turns. Not at the blood but the thought of the Rotters life before this. I had never liked the thought but I could never stop it.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Kacchan join the fight. This wasn't his kind of fight, he specialized in explosives. Which he obviously couldn't use because he might hurt Uraraka or me. I fight my way over to Kacchan which was easier because he was closer.

"We need to find a way to get to Uraraka," Kacchan says surprisingly using her real name.

"I know. They seem to be targeting her more than us probably because she isn't as good with a blade," I slice off another Rotters head as Kacchan snaps the neck of one of the Rotters behind me.

I quickly smile at Kacchan as a way of saying thanks. I turn trying to find Uraraka again. An ear-piercing shriek rings out before I see her. I turn to the source just in time to see Uraraka's arm getting bit. The next scream that was heard was mine. I try to push through the crowd of Rotters almost getting myself bit in the process. I feel arms wrap around my waist and pull me backward. I fight against the arms trying to get to my friend.

"Stop it Deku! She's already got bit," Kacchan says harshly tugging me away.

"Let me go Bakugou!"

"Your friend is right kid," Says an unknown voice behind us.

I whip around so fast Kacchan lost his grip on my waist. My eyebrows knit together in confusion at the person in front of me. They were tall and more than half of their face was covered in purple scars.

"Deku," Kacchan says cautiously.

I turn around to see all of the Rotters were decapitated. It seemed the cause of the damage was a man with light blue hair and cracked skin that now stood in front of us. Next to him was a girl with crazy tangled twin buns who was holding a passed-out Uraraka. The girl had a demonic smile and eyes that shined with insanity.

"Hello Bakugou, Midoriya. I'm Shigaraki and we will be taking her," Shigaraki motions to Uraraka.

"No! You can't take her, she will kill you!" I scream desperately. Tears stream down my face as the crazy bun girl giggles.

"Oh, silly Izu she won't kill us. She is one of us now."