Chapter 4 // The text messages

Humaira's POV

I woke up at the sound of my alarm screaming under my ear. It was placed directly under my pillow so I could hear it when I'm sleeping.

Az was still asleep, and being the smart one I am, I ran downstairs, grabbed a cup of water, filled it with ice and cold water and ran upstairs. I dump the water over her face and she woke up as fast as light.

I was dying of laughter while she had a very angry expression. "I'm sorry, but I had to do it. Remember? You have to get ready for your big day!"

She threw a pillow at me and then stomped her way to the bathroom.

The day went by pretty fast. Me and Az got ready, went to college and came back to Az's house. Until suddenly someone came over for dinner. You may have guessed it.

Az's soon-to-be husband came with his family for dinner. I guess the date was canceled. Az got a text message from her future hubby saying,

Unknown - I am so sorry!!! My family suddenly decided to come over to your house so I had to cancel the date. Maybe we can arrange it tomorrow?

I saw Az's expression. She was pretty pissed but she texted back by saying,

Azzahra - it's okay. And yeah maybe we can just arrange it tomorrow.

I couldn't believe Az texted that. I would normally expect her to just ignore him but I guess she really wanted to go on a date with him.

We both went upstairs to hide from the guests so it won't get any weirder.

But our plan had to end somehow. Az was called down stairs. I didn't want to go because it would just be awkward. "Come on please!!! Come downstairs with me," Az said pulling my feet. I kicked her and said, "nu-uh honey, I do not want to get into your future mother-in-laws "having kids" conversation." She rolled her eyes.

"I swear to god, if you don't come downstairs with me, I'm going to make your wedding a living hell," she said with a threatening look. I took my hijab and did a hijab flip. "I'd love to see you try cause I bet you'll already have kids by the time I do," I winked at her and smirked.

She had the "try-me" look in her face which was not good for me, but I didn't care. I honestly didn't want to go downstairs even though I wanted to record her and her future husbands conversation. I mean, who wouldn't? They looked like they both were talking to the president.

Az stomped her way downstairs as I was giggling in her room.

It's been about 2 hours ever since the guests came and I was super bored on top of her bed playing with my phone. I was very curious on what is happening down stairs. I got up and tiptoed down the stairs. I was at the 4th step where no one could see me as I was peeking behind the wall. Az was awkwardly sitting on the couch while she was having a conversation with her future mother-in-law.

I smirked at the thought of what they might be talking about. Luck hit me hard as a bowling ball and I started falling down the stairs. I got up and rubbed my head. Everyone started getting up from their seats and going up to me. Az's mom came and said, "what happened!?! Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" "No I'm fine, I just slipped accidentally," I whispered. I noticed Az snickering behind her mom.

She pulled me to the kitchen and said, "I guess that's what you get leaving me alone here".

I smacked her arm, "you're lucky I didn't record your conversation or that would have led to a whole other level." She gave me a glare.

The family finally decided to leave and I managed to take a couple of pictures while Az was having a conversation with the guests. Why you ask? So I can take revenge if anything happens in the future. (That's smart, ik 💁)

We bid them farewell and ran upstairs. Az and I were exhausted until suddenly I got a text saying,

Unknown - hi

I didn't know who it was so I replied back saying,

Humaira - who is this?

Unknown - I'm zayad, Zain's friend

I was very confused. I didn't even know who this guy Zain was.

Humaira - um, who's Zain?

Unknown - oh, you don't know zain. Your friends fiancé

Then reality hit me hard. Zain was the name of Az's fiancé, and the guy that was texting me was the one that couldn't stop staring at me the other night. Az noticed my shocked expression with my phone and she snatched it away from me. "What do we have here?," she says examining my texts. I let her read it cause I didn't have anything to hide.

She started texting something to Zayad.

Humaira - oh, so how did you get my number?

I smirked at her and then smacked her head. She started rubbing it, "hey! I just wanted to know how the guy even got your number." "Yeah, me to," I mumbled so she wouldn't hear me.

I got a text back from Zayad saying,

Unknown - Your mom gave me your Number so me and Zain can drop you two off at college the day after tomorrow

I was utterly shocked. Why would MY mom want them to drop us off at college. I mean, we already had our own car.

I called my mom as soon as possible and started arguing with her of why she would want them to drop us off at college. "Well honey, it's so you two can get to know them a little bit," she said with a sweet voice. "You two! Mom what are you talking about. Aren't you sapposed to mean only Az, not me!," I started screaming at her.

Az was on the floor dying of laughter at the conversation me and my mom we're having. When we were finally done arguing about it, my mom made up her mind. Zain and that guy Zayad are going to be dropping us off at college the day after tomorrow.

I was really mad but I managed to at least reply to the guy saying,

Humaira - ok. Just so you know, you can drop us off at building C

He sent a reply making me wonder all night about what he meant by his text. He said,

Unknown - ok and you looked amazing last night 😉