Chapter 17 // Vanished smiles

Zayad's POV

I don't know why Humaira isn't talking to me. She just.....changed. Last week she was the all happy, funny, and outgoing. But now she's quiet and only nods when I ask her if she's alright.

I really hope she says yes to the proposal. I've been waiting for 2 weeks. It was supposed to be for only a week but I guess her family forget and that got me getting more and more anxious.

Every night I would try to sleep and stop thinking about her, but....I couldn't. Those electric green eyes just sends me this amazing feeling that I can't describe.

I grin and shake my head as we make it to the restaurant. With my gentle man charms I go up the the door and open it for her.

She frowns and then gets in but when I look at her she's full on smiling. That's weird. It's like she's hiding something from me.

I know I shouldn't be getting too curious because she's still not my wife yet but I can't help but have this bit of protectiveness over her for some reason.

We go and take our seats and a waitress comes over to us. I look up to her and my eyebrows furrow. She looks familiar. Like I've seen her before.

"Welcome to Rosalinda's, may I help you with your order?" Humaira nods and proceeds to look through the menu. I do the same, but I'm actually starring at her from behind the menu. She still hasn't noticed.

Her facial expression changes dramatically just like before and she smiles while looking up at me.

Something's definitely wrong.

Humaira's POV

I feel like if I try to speak, only the truth will come blurting out. My heart hurts. Not in a real way, but in a emotional way.

I look up and notice his big green eyes. They're somehow different then mines. Like a deep forest green color.

"I would like the Chicken Tikka and Seikh Kebab please." The waiter nodded and scribbles it down on her notepad.

Zayad was out of his trance. "And I would like the Beef Curry And a bottle of water, thank you."

She smiled and then winked at him. What the hell? The waitress then walked away leaving me with a wide eyed Zayad.

How dare she! For some reason my blood started to sizzle.

He started the conversation by clearing his throat.

"So, uh how was your day? The weathers been really bad lately. There's a lot of rain."

I nod. "I'm good." Lies "and yeah the weathers gotten bad for some reason. I heard there's going to be some sunshine next week."

"Well that's good." No. That doesn't make anything better.

My thoughts are waved off when the waitress comes over and sets the dishes down. I notice that she gets a bit too close to Zayad.

Zayad doesn't even notice this time, he just stares at her with curiosity.

She looks at me and then gives me a fake smile with a he's-hot-I'm gonna-steal-him-bitch look.

Instead of getting up from my seat and giving her a good talk, I ignore her.

Remember Humaira. Your not the old Humaira anymore that is full of humor and courage. Your the new Humaira now. The stronger Humaira.

Zayad starts digging into his food and I compare mines to his. Damn. I got too much food. Now I'll look like the fat ass.

I dig into my food and start eating. It tastes amazing but for some reason I don't feel hungry. I completely lost my appetite. But it would be rude not to eat.

"So Zain and Azzahra are getting married tomorrow. Are you excited? I have soooo many plans for tomorrow night." He gives me an evil smirk and I laugh.

I did have plans actually. But it
won't feel right when I tell him.

"I am very excited and do you mind telling me your plans?"

He looks down and grins. I can already tell it will be hilarious and is somehow a prank.

"Well.........if you insist. I'm planning on pranking the two by putting squeaky toys between there mattress and put a tape recorder outside of there bedroom. The next day the tape recording will go straight to both of there families."

I start laughing really hard and holding my stomach. The guy was a genius! I could have never thought of that and it would hilarious to see there families reaction. Especially Az and Zains face.

He smiles and then starts laughing with me. "That's a good prank," I say before calming myself down.

"So what are your plans?," he asks. I smirk and then put my fork down.

"Well kinda like yours but I was just planning on calling Az in the middle of the night and then telling her to put it on speaker, after that, give them advice."

He chuckles. And god did that sound hot.

Wait. What am I doing!?!? I'm supposed to forget about him after this. Focus you idiot. Focus.

"That's a very smart one. We should be partners in crime." He gives me a grin showing his perfect straight teeth that make my teeth look yellow compared to his.

But I snapped back to reality. "Uh yeah." No. I mean no, I can't be your partner in crime after I say no to the proposal.

He's making this really hard for me and I can't handle it.

We were finally done with our food after a long half hour of talking and making silly jokes.

The same waitress comes over to us and takes our dishes away. She looks suspicious. Really suspicious.

Zayad excuses himself and heads off to the bathroom. While he was gone, the thoughts in my head start to revolve around my head and give me a huge headache.

Go tell him. He needs to know.

Get your ass up and get out of the restaurant.

No Humaira. You have to tell him or he'll be heart broken.

Forget about him!

I jump out of my seat and go to the back of the restaurant. They had a garden there that I would always go to. The waitress looks at me with a worried expression.

My mind seems to calm down as I sit down on one of the benches. The air is filled with amazing scents that come from the beautiful flowers. The color of the followers go in a rainbow pattern making the place look almost.....majestical.

Butterfly's in all different colors surround the place.

I take in a deep breath, close my eyes, and let myself go to the serene sound of nature.

After a few moments I hear footsteps coming towards me. My eyes open in full speed and Zayad is sitting next to me with those big green eyes, starring right at me.

"The waitress told me you ran here. I can tell why. This place is beautiful."

I nod and fiddle with my hands. How do I tell him? The nervousness is taking over me.

"Zayad, I have to tell you something," I finally say.

His head shoots towards me and a smile forms on his soft pink lips.

Focus you dumbass. Focus!

"W-what is it?" His eyes have a hint of excitement and they're now glowing.

This is definitely not going to go so well.