Chapter 2 // Laughing like a dying squirrel

Humaira's POV

I had a huge grin on my face as big as Alaska. Az on the other hand was frowning. I started jumping around and babbling out random things of how we're going to prepare everything.

"OMG! We could do your wedding at that huge banquet or that one fancy banquet with chandeliers, and you dress would be designed with white crystals!, oh wait no, it should be pink crystals at the bottom of the white dress wi-". Az put her hand on my mouth before I could tell her the details of the dress.

"Shut up, and I don't even know what the guy looks and your already planning my funeral", she muttered. I burst out laughing while she on the other hand gave me a glare. I wiped the tear away from my eyes.

"I can't wait to see what he looks like," I said as I wiggled my eyebrows. Az rolled her eyes.

"Get ready, my moms forcing me to go shopping with her to get something USEFUL to wear to show to the guy and your coming with me. I want you to feel the pain."

I laughed at that. "Honey, I'm only getting humor out of this", I waved my hand and went straight for the pizza.

The three of us got out of the car and started walking toward the main doors to the mall. And so the shopping began.

It's been 3 hours and so far we have gotten to eight different stores and Az's mom still hasn't chosen a dress for Az to wear.

Finally we arrived at a random store in which her mom has ACTUALLY liked a dress. She was still thinking if she should put the dress down and go to another store or just take it, but Az couldn't take it anymore. She snagged the dress from her moms hand, payed for it at the cash register and we started leaving and while we were, I on the other hand was dying of laughter and I sounded like a squirrel chocking on something. A lady turned around to see if someone was alright and that made me laugh even more.

We finally arrived at her house and went up to her room to get her ready. Az still had an angry expression. "Well lighten up darling, let's get yo ass ready!"

After 2 hours of doing her makeup and getting myself ready, we were both standing next to her door waiting for her parents to get down.

I went home and got a text from Az

Bae💕 - are you coming?!? The guy is still at work and he's coming back at 6. I am literally shivering. Come quick and if you don't make it back before he comes I swear I will stab you the death. Love you 😘

I rolled my eyes and started getting in my car. Az texted me her soon-to-be husbands address and I started driving as quickly as I can because trust me, you wouldn't want to mess with a girl like her. I kinda feel bad for her fiancée.

I rang the door bell and was greeted by my guess, Az's soon-to-be mother-in-law. "Assalaamu 'Alaikum", I said politely as I can.

"waalaikumsalam," she replied. I went in and found my mom talking to Az's mom in the kitchen and my dad talking with 3 men in the living room. I looked around the kitchen and found Az on her phone.

"Heyy!!," I whisper yelled. She noticed me suddenly and clapped her hands slightly but quietly so none else would notice.

"So, did your soon-to-be mother-in-law show you his baby pictures yet?" She punched my arm.

"shut up you bastard." And just at the right time, the front door from the living room opened and then closed. We heard the men go up to the person that came in and started talking.

Az was starting to shake and her soon-to-be mother-in-law came up to her and said, "my sons here, come on lets go take you to the living room." I was snickering beside Az as she was walking towards the living room. Az looked at me and gave me a, ill-murder-you-later look.

Hey guys! I hope you liked the book so far and here Is a little Q and A to get to know the author a little bit.

My name? Zakia.

My age? 14

Grade? 9th grade 

Nationality? Bengali

Fav food? Pizza, obviously 💁

Fav type of book? Romance

Fav color? Black

Aaaaannnddd that was all. I hope you got to know a little about me and enjoyed reading the book. Until next time. Bye!!! 😘

PS. That was her dress that she bought 😊