Chapter 14 // The call

Humaira's POV

I sprinted to the kitchen and hid the chocolates as fast as possible. Think Humaira, think!

The sounds of laughter started coming closer and closer.

OH MY GOD. Okay, okay calm down. I looked around the kitchen looking for a hiding place and a huge cabinet came into view. Running towards it as fast as possible, I opened it and went right in.

The kids rushed in and I could hear the sound of their heavy breathing.

"Auntie Humaira! We know your here! You can't hide the chocolates from us!" They all screamed.

I giggled quietly and covered my mouth. 10 minutes passed by and they couldn't find me and the chocolates.

When I knew the Coast was clear I got out and looked around to see if they actually did leave.

But, just when I was sure I was right one of the small kids jumped out and hugged my legs. All the others started coming in and holding my legs with their tiny little hands.

"Help! Az, they caught me! Auntie!!"

They giggled at how much I was struggling.

"Humaira if your going to steal the kids chocolate they're obviously going to hunt you down to the ends of the earth," aunt Durdanah shouted from the dining room.

"Ughhhh but come on! I'm hungry! They're kids, they can get chocolate from anyone. Do you see the eyes of this one!" I pointed to a little girl with the most cutest eyes ever "she could use those things to get a whole chocolate store!"

Az's mom came in and started laughing to the ground. I rolled my eyes and tried to tickle my way out but, the monsters wouldn't budge.

"Auntie give us our chocolates or we're going to steal your phone," one of the little boys said.

"Are you black mailing me! And you wouldn't dare take my phone!"

The last time they took my phone, one of the little boys called my cousin from France and asked her if her refrigerator was running.

She called my back and told my that her refrigerator was working just fine and why I had called her. I had to explain everything to her. She laughed and said that she'll look out next time.

"Ok let go of Auntie Humaira, I'll buy you kids chocolates after we come back from shopping, ok?" Az came in and started talking really nicely to the kids.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't get fooled by these creatures, they'll steal your money." They all stuck their tongue out at me and I stuck mines out.

"Humaira I swear, sometimes I can't tell if your a kid or a 21 year old grown women."

"Oh shut up. Your getting married tomorrow and your already starting to act like all the Bengali moms."

We looked at each with hard glares and then burst out in laughter.

The kids let go and ran off to their next predator. I looked from both sides and got out the chocolates that I hid.

Az looked at the chocolates and rolled her eyes. "What? You want some?" I asked her and then stuffed one in my mouth.

She shook her head and looked away. "Ooooohhh!!!! Looks like someone's on a diet for someone." I puckered up my lips and started kissing the air.

She pushed me to the side and I tried stifling a laugh.

"Humaira honey, your mom called. She says she wants you to come home," Az's mom spoke.

I nod and catch Az looking at me with wide eyes. She then looks away. All the weird behavior from everybody is really getting on my nerves. I KNOW they're hiding something from me but they won't tell me.

"Ok auntie" I tell her. Heading towards the door I grab my purse and put my converse on.

I had one last thing to say to Az as I was about to go out. "Have fun with the diet!" I screamed.

A faint sound of curses came from the kitchen and she replied back by saying,"get out of my house women!"

I walked up to my car laughing as I went.

A loud noise startled me and I looked around to see what it was. Then I realized it was just my phone. Taking it out, the screen flashed the name I was trying to ignore this whole week.

Zayad.