Chapter 6 // Robbing the pizza store

____________________________
Hey guys!! If you were wondering about Az and Humaira and if they pray or not then they do. I just don't add it in their though.
____________________________

Humaira's POV

It's awkward. No. It's REALLY awkward. We're just sitting and drinking our drinks. From the corner of my eyes I can see the guy looking up at me and when I look at him he looks down. So I asked my most famous question.

"So, do you like pizza?," I ask him with a smirk. It's always a yes and then the conversation starts with, what topping do you like? Do you like the flavored crusts? Pizza Hut or little Caesars? But what he said next ruined all my plans.

"Uh, I don't really like pizza. Its very unhealthy for you and I think I haven't had a slice of pizza in....2 to 3 months?" he looks up at me.

"What!, you don't like pizza!?! Are you human!? Oh wait no. Your not," I scream at him. Az smacked the back of my head.

"You dumb ass, he didn't know your love of pizza. Now, shut up."

He started laughing and holding his stomach. He started LAUGHING. Oh my Allah. Dat laugh tho. I kept staring at him until he snapped his fingers in front of my face. I immediately lowered my gaze.

"You really like pizza don't you?," he asks me with a smirk. "Oh you don't know how much I do," I mutter shaking my head.

"Well, why don't I take you out to get a slice? Like you know. Together."

"Ok love birds, you guys just met. No need to go across the border. Humaira's going to make the pizza store go out of business if you take her with you. I warn you," Az says giving the guy a warning look.

"So, your name is Humaira? I like that name."

"Thank you, and your name?," I ask him lowering my gaze.

"She really needs your name. She keeps talking about you but always calls you by, "that guy", Az replied, obviously lying so she can embarrass me.

"No I don't! You always talk about zain!," I say, and then look towards zain "she keeps planning her outfits and then daydreams about her future."

I see zain with a smirk on his face and then a little bit of red on his Cheeks. But Az ruined the moment when he was about to speak back.

"Humaira!! No I don't. What are you talking about!" Az crosses her arms and looks away. I swear, I could see her flushing and I think zain noticed it too.

Then I turned back to "that guy" who still hasn't given me his name yet.

"Was that true? Um, like. You um, talking about me?" He mumbles scratching his neck.

"What? No! Astaghfurilla, no. Az was lying."

I honestly did not want to be here. I only came so I can recored Az conversation but she's not talking at all.

I looked up and "that guy" was staring at me but when he found out
That I found out, he quickly lowered his gaze and frowned. Weird.

Wait. I don't even know his name. I think I do, but I'm not sure.

"So, uh, what's your name?," I ask again Still not looking up at him.

He quickly answers back by saying, "my names Zayad. I think I told you that already when I sent you that text."

It hit me. I forgot his name. And I remembered one more thing. He sent me that last text the other night that made me think all night of what it meant. I wanted to ask him but I'm too much of a coward.

Finally, Az started talking knowing that it was getting too awkward. She finally brought out her famous question.

"So, uh, what's your favorite color?," she asked.

"I don't really have a favorite color," zain said sipping his drink. Well, these guys are different. Now Az had to think of another question.

"So, uh, what do you like to do?," Zayad asked. I didn't expect him to be asking me questions but I answered him anyways.

"I like to draw and eat. If you did not notice already," I say smirking. He started laughing. I started shifting in my seat because that laugh is just, oh. My. Allah. He noticed and started staring at me with a smirk. What is up with this guy and staring? Ever heard of lowering your gaze?

Az and zain were already having a decent conversation. I took my phone out and started recording behind my hand so they wouldn't notice. It looked like I was texting.

Zayad noticed and started snickering. He knew what I was doing. Ugh.

He started whispering behind me. "I know what your doing, why are you recording their conversation?," he asked.

I replied back by saying,"so I can show this to their kids and then make fun of them, what else?"

He smirks. "your smart, I'm gonna do that to," and then he gets out his phone and starts secretly recording just like the way I was.

Az suddenly got a text from her mother saying,

The mother - Azzahra come home now! Your cousins are coming for dinner and you need to help me clean the house and cook. You got 5 minutes.

Az grabbed her bag and got up. "I'm sorry, but I have to go. My moms going to kill me if I don't reach home in 5 minutes."

Zain nods. "it's okay, I understand." Az nods and grabs my arm and starts heading towards the door. I was actually glad. It was really boring but I guess it was kind of fun.

Zayad suddenly starts shouting at me. Az immediately stopped and I turned around. He comes up to me, and says, "uh, it was nice to meet you and uh, um, I would like to do this again sometime. You up for it?"

I was astonished. Did he just ask me out on a date. "Um I'll think about it," I said obviously lowering my gaze from the green eyes that we're burning holes at my face.

Az pulls my arm."well it was nice to meet you but we have to go. Now."

We quickly ran to her car because no one would want to hear Az's moms speech which lasts for 2 to 4 hours.

"Just drop me off at my house."

"Ok, I'll bring your stuff to you Tomorrow," she replies. I nod.

She dropped me off and I headed towards my house. When I got in, I hear faint conversations coming from the living room. I go next to the living room door and hide behind it to see who's here.

Oh my fiddle sticks. Zayad was here! What the hell? Why is he here? And why are they having a conversation with him? I'm really confused. Questions were filling my head as fast as me running for food.

Some how my mom noticed me hiding behind the door and yells, "Humaira, come sit with us dear!"

Dear? Where did that come from? She would normally call me by my full name when she is angry and might I add, that is all the time.

I slowly walk into the living room and sit next to her. I was scared.