|love my way • harvey kinkle|

hi :) who misses our adorable harvey kinkle? well i did, so here's an imagine!

•••

"Hey, (Y/n)!" A voice called out.

I was in the library, at Baxter High of course. I was studying for the end of the year assessments.

And as of right now, my grades are not the best. I genuinely was trying my hardest to bring them up, but it seems as if all the gravity on Earth kept dropping them.

"Hi Harvey." I smiled up at the boy who seemed to be hopelessly in love with me.

I was flattered, of course. But I felt terrible because I don't feel the same way back. At least I don't think I do.

Do you ever just feel a specific way for someone, and no matter the circumstance, your viewpoint on them won't change? It's the same with Harvey. He's my friend, and I'm not attracted to him in that way.

"Do you mind if I sit?" He asked. I nodded my head, giving him another smile before returning to my notes.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see him pulling out his books from his bag. I noticed his eyes drift towards me every moment or so, but I continued with my studying.

"So, how was your day?"

"It was fine." I replied.

I didn't mean to be rude or dismiss him, I just really need to not fail high school. This was extremely important to me, even though I despise it with every ounce of my being.

"Good." Harvey grinned, his hands running through his wavy hair. "I have a question to -uh- ask you."

I looked up at him. There was a rosy tint on his cheeks, his eyes not meeting mine in embarrassment. I couldn't help but give him a reassuring smile, he was still my friend and I deeply cared for him.

"Ask." I replied with a hint of question in my tone.

Harvey nodded his head slowly as if he were lost in thought. He sighed to himself a few times, obviously not sure what to say.

I couldn't blame him. Sometimes I had trouble asking people simple questions, or even starting a conversation.

"You know the Spring Gala is coming up, and I wanted to..." He bit his lip, his eyes gazing softly at me. "To ask if you would want to go with me? As a date?"

My breath hitched in my throat. An odd feeling erupted inside me, butterflies swarming around in my stomach. What was I doing? I don't feel this way about him. I shouldn't feel this way about him.

Harvey is Sabrina's ex-boyfriend! I don't want to be sloppy seconds, no offense to her, but I'm worth much more than that. I might not have the best self confidence in myself, but I have always believed that I am better than that. That I deserve what only happens in fairy tales.

"H-Harvey."

"Or with the rest of the group!" He cut in. "Sorry. I meant to say a 'date' between all us friends."