|new flesh • nick scratch|

•••

You laid on your bed humming to the song that was playing as you flipped through the pages of your spell book. You were studying on a school night for a test.

You didn't really mind because this was important to you, but you were becoming tired from cramming in so much information at once.

You sighed as you wrote down your last notes for the night. You thought that maybe you could wake up early tomorrow and finish studying, but you knew that wouldn't happen. It was already two in the morning and you needed to either get sleep or study.

Being the academic freak that you were, you decided to keep studying. A few more minutes passed by, your bed still stacked with books, when you heard a whisper. You turned the volume down of the song that was playing.

It was three in the morning by now, and you were a bit freaked out but you brushed it off. You thought maybe you were just being delusional and you continued on with your studies.

But of course, you heard another whisper and this time you jumped slightly. You could feel your heart start to beat fast in your chest. You hurriedly turned off the music.

This time, you were actually scared. Sitting up from your previous position, which was laying on your stomach, you quickly grabbed your phone to check the time. Of course it had to be three in the morning, exactly the time of the witching hour.

You sighed to yourself as you heard yet another whisper, this time it was closer to you. You froze, too scared to make another move.

You were a bit annoyed at yourself. You were a witch for crying out loud! You shouldn't be scared of whispers at three in the morning, especially with dark magic on your side to protect you.

"I've been watching way too many horror movies lately." You muttered to yourself as you massaged your temples. You were a bit stressed and now you were frightened. Not a good mix.

All of a sudden, you heard a deep chuckle. Your eyes widened in fear. Your mind wandered with thoughts of the worst things possible.

You were afraid that maybe the dark lord was in the room with you but that thought quickly faded away as you saw a familiar face appear out of the dark.

"Nick! What the hell?! You scared me!" You shrieked in panic. He laughed before walking towards you and laying down on your bed, stretching his long legs in the process.

"Damn, that was so worth the wait." He chuckled. You glared at him before throwing a nearby pillow at his perfectly handsome face.

"Your such a pervert. You were in my room this whole time! How long exactly?"

Nick thought for a moment before answering. "About thirty minutes. Not that long, but long enough." He winked.

"I was studying, don't ever do that again! What if I was naked or something?" You groaned in frustration as Nick smirked up at you.

"Wouldn't have minded seeing that."

You blushed as soon as the words left his mouth. Although you and Nick have been dating for a few weeks now, you were still getting used to his flirty comments and sexual innuendos.

"Nick." You whispered embarrassed. He sat up and lightly kissed your cheek.

"Yes (Y/n)?" He whispered back, knowing you were flustered by him. You turned to face him with a slight glare.

"I have to go to bed. Also, it's getting late. Shouldn't you be sleeping?" You asked.

"I can't sleep if I always have you on my mind. I had to come see you." He moved closer to you and wrapped a strong arm around you. Pulling you closer, he put you both in a spooning position. You didn't mind of course, Nick always knew how to cuddle and at the perfect time.

Before you could say anything, he snapped his fingers turning off the lights and placing your spell books on the ground.

Nick and his amazing warlock skills, you thought.

"Now we can sleep." He muttered tiredly in your ear. He pulled you even closer to him, pitting his head over yours.

"Goodnight Nick." You whispered.

"Goodnight beautiful."