|we fell in love in october • susie putnam|

•••

(Y/n) walked through the halls of Baxter High, looking for a specific someone. She was dating Susie Putnam but no one knew besides the two lovers.

She was okay with that, but sometimes she wished that she could just tell the whole world that she was dating her. It got tough whenever she had to lie to friends and family just to be with Susie.

Once (Y/n) finally caught sight of her familiar someone, she walked over to her.

"Hey Susie." She smiled, wishing she could just give her a hug and kiss in front of the the other students.

"Hey!" Susie grinned back while shutting her locker door.

They both walked together towards their first class together. It was always nice to have Susie in the same class to start her day. Plus, she enjoyed her company while trying to solve hard calculus equations.

As they both sat next to each other, Harvey Kinkle decided to join them. (Y/n) wasn't very close with him but Susie was, so she just let it be.

Overtime, Harvey would continuously choose to sit by the both of them. (Y/n) started to become jealous, although she wasn't very fond of that feeling. Susie would start to ignore her and treat her as if they were just acquaintances, nothing more.

(Y/n) knew that it was only because they promised to keep their relationship a secret, yet it still felt wrong to her to do that. In fact, it kind of hurt her.

She knew that she was ready to tell people, but she wasn't sure how Susie felt about it. Whenever they would be in public, she would constantly reprimand her on "no PDA". Even just a hug would ruin the mood.

As (Y/n) sat at her desk, staring at the chalk board filled with equations, she couldn't help but steal glances at the two friends beside her. Harvey barely talked to her, and she didn't care, but Susie hadn't said a word to her all day besides "Hey!".

Feeling hurt was an understatement to how she was feeling. She felt alone and lied to. She knew most people would question her feelings, but she couldn't help it. Her own girlfriend was ignoring her.

•••

"(Y/n). Wait up!" Susie called after her girlfriend. She knew that (Y/n) was a bit irritated, she could tell. Usually they would walk together through the halls but this time she just left.

Susie couldn't blame her though. She knew she messed up. She just didn't want Harvey to question what was going on between her and (Y/n).

When she finally caught up to her, she could see (Y/n)'s annoyed expression as she glared at her. Susie winced slightly before giving her a small smile.

"Meet me at my place after school?" Susie asked hopefully, not sure if (Y/n) would turn her down or not. (Y/n) just nodded before leaving Susie behind in the hall.

•••

As the day finally ended and (Y/n) walked out of her last class of the day, she contemplated on going to Susie's or not.

She wanted to see her girlfriend without all the tension, but after today she felt as if she just wanted to be alone.

She walked home, the opposite direction of Susies house. With a few books in her hands and her heavy book bag on her shoulders, she trudged home in the gloomy weather of Greendale.

She knew Susie would be disappointed that she wouldn't get to walk with her or hang out, but she didn't care. She was pissed to say the least.

Once she finally entered her beloved home, and  went inside her room, she instantly plopped onto her bed. She was tired. Physically and emotionally.

Waking up early to go to school and staying up late to do homework took a tole on her. But things with Susie made it even worse. She knew she needed to get her mind off of things so she grabbed her book bag and took out her homework for the night.

Hours of Calculus equations and English paragraphs was starting to tire (Y/n). She wanted nothing more than to just sleep for more than six hours, but she knew that wasn't possible.

I'm so tired of this shit! She thought angrily. She was tired of everything. School and Susie.

She had finally finished her homework, which made her relieved, but she still needed to take a shower. And even that was tiring enough at a time like this.

She quickly put away her homework and headed inside the bathroom to take a quick shower so that she could finally sleep. She already had dinner while working on her English assignments, so everything was done on her list besides sleeping.

•••

(Y/n) laid on her bed tired and ready to sleep, and yet she couldn't. She missed Susie and her goodnight texts. She knew that Susie was probably hurt that she never came, but she couldn't face her right now.

(Y/n) began to feel her eyelids become heavy before a text notification interrupted her. She grabbed the phone and saw that Susie texted her. A smile immediately lit up her face as she unlocked the phone.

I'm outside, we need to talk. Susies text read.

(Y/n) quickly jumped off her bed and quietly snuck out of her house. She didn't want to wake her parents so she tip toed outside.

"(Y/n)." A soft voice said to her. The girl turned to see her girlfriend with a worried look on her face. (Y/n) nodded at her, not sure if she should say anything.

"I'm sorry about today. I just didn't want Harvey to know about us and-"

"Are you embarrassed to be see with me? Is that why?" (Y/n) whispered sadly, cutting Susie off. Susie quickly shook her head no.

"That's not it at all! I just wanted to wait until you wanted me to tell them. I was waiting for you because I didn't want to tell everyone if you weren't comfortable with it. Because you have no idea how much I do want you. Don't ever think the opposite."

(Y/n) sighed in relief. She smiled at Susie before giving her a tight hug. Susie immediately obliged, wrapping her arms tightly around the other girl.

"I love you (Y/n). Don't ever forget that." Susie said softly while placing a kiss on her lips.