|monopoly • prudence blackwood|

•••

Prudence Blackwood.

The name that was imbedded in (Y/n)'s head almost every day. She could never stop thinking about her.

Sure, they were best friends. But do best friends feel the way she does for Prudence? The answer is no. They don't feel that way.

Yes, she loved her. But not in the friendship kind of way. She wanted more of what they had. She wanted a relationship with the witch that had consumed her thoughts.

"(Y/n). (Y/n)?" A feminine voice said, snapping her out of her thoughts.

Prudence sat in front of her. Her face held a questioning gaze as she looked at (Y/n). The two girls were in class right now and were working on a spell together. (Y/n) must have gotten stuck in her head, again.

That seemed to happen a lot when she was next to Prudence.

"Sorry. Im just tired." She laughed lightly while tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"What's got you up at night?" Prudence smirked. Both of the girls were close friends, so she automatically knew something was up.

(Y/n) looked at her wide eyed before quickly pulling herself together. She was frightened that Prudence might have seen right through her.

"I don't really know. School I guess."

The two girls continued to work on the spell together for the rest of the hour. While (Y/n) stole a few glances of Prudence here and there, she had no idea that Prudence was doing the same.

•••

"(Y/n), can you meet me at the library after classes finish?" Prudence asked (Y/n) as they were walking through the hallway of the Academy.

"Sure, is there something you need?" (Y/n) answered, a small smile gracing her lips.

Prudence wanted to say just say "You", but she wasn't sure how her friend would react. She couldn't lose her, even if it meant never telling her how she secretly felt.

"Girl talk." She winked before walking off to her next class, leaving (Y/n) in the hallway. Prudence had to leave before she would drag (Y/n) into the girls bathroom and kiss her, but that was way too much and she knew it.

•••

(Y/n) nervously walked through the doors of the library. She stepped inside quietly making sure to not disturb anyone, but there wasn't very many people.

She sighed before looking around. She didn't see Prudence so she decided to walk towards the back where her favorite spell books would be.

Once she finally got there, she stifled a laugh. Prudence was there as well and was looking at spell books too.

"I knew you'd come here first." Prudence said with a ghost of a smile on her face. (Y/n) nodded, feeling a bit flustered at the way Prudence was looking at her.

"You wanted girl talk?" (Y/n) smiled lightly, gaining some of her confidence back. Prudence nodded while walking closer to the other girl. From where they were, no one could see them considering they were in the far back.

"Yea. There's this girl, I can't get her off my mind." Prudence whispered while staring at (Y/n) intently. The girl was taken back at first. She thought Prudence was into men, but she was wrong.

"Oh." Was all that she could muster up. She itched for Prudence to be closer but she was too scared to make a move.

"She's beautiful. Stunning. I want to tell her that I love her but I don't know how. We're really close, you see. And I don't want to lose her if I ever told her."

(Y/n) nodded at her words. She bit her lip while looking down. Prudence's gaze was starting to get a little too heated as she felt a blush creep upon her cheeks.

"Well you should tell her." (Y/n) said softly. "She deserves to know. If she loves you back she won't turn you down. But if she does, too bad because she's missing out on something great with you. And you won't need her in your life."

Prudence smiled at her friend before pulling her close to her. She bit her lip at the closeness that she had been longing for ever since she laid eyes on (Y/n).

"Prudence?" She whispered. "Is it me?"

"Yes, it's you." Prudence said quietly. She wanted to kiss her so bad but she needed to know what (Y/n)'s answer was first.

"I love you too. I always have." 

With that, Prudence kissed the love of her life.