Chapter 23: Agressive negotiations

Above an early draft for the renewed version of the cover, hope you enjoy!

"You can go fuck yourself." My defiant eyes glared right back at my uncle. He narrowed his and knelt down before me slowly without breaking his gaze. My eyes however flickered between his and the place I'd seen Anakin hiding before. I needed to stall, for Anakin probably was figuring out a way to stop the machine from freeing Arthas. If I could somehow keep Derik's attention directed to me, together with all his men surrounding him, maybe he'd succeed.

"I don't know if you've ever had negotiations before, but this isn't usually how you do them." Obi-Wan muttered as he slowly opened his eyes and groaned loudly as he woke up. He struggled to get back on his knees, his scorched flesh hurting him with every move he made. He sighed deeply as his eyes adjusted to the darkness around him and found Derik right in front of us and the chains around his hands. "Lyanna, my darling, seems we find ourselfs captured again." 

"It's becoming an occupational hazard." I chuckled as I glanced at him. His face was covered with dirt, his hair hanging loosely before his eyes that tried their best to stay open. Even like this he managed to look way more attractive than I ever thought possible, especially when a smirk started to play around his lips when he too noticed Anakin. "How are you feeling?" I asked when he flinched. 

"It feels like I've been struck by lightning over ten thousand times." He huffed as he tried to get into a more comfortable position.  "It's just a scratch." He nodded at me, making me chuckle lightly. 

"I'm sorry to interrupt your chatter, Lyanna, but we're in a situation here." Derik snapped. Obi-Wan and I both glanced at him. "If you don't surrender now, I'm afraid that when Arthas breaks free, which he WILL, I won't be able to protect you."

"Oh I didn't notice you there, councillor." Obi-Wan commented dryly. "Oh wait, not a councillor anymore, I presume, after you betrayed your king. Should I call you 'my lord' instead?"

"Nah he's not a lord." I huffed as I looked at my uncle, unimpressed by his attempts to scare us. "He doesn't really own any land around here. I'm afraid he doesnt have any title, so 'sir' should be just fine."

Derik sighed deeply, bit his lip and glanced away from us for a moment. He was clearly getting frustrated, especially when Obi-Wan's smirk grew even bigger and his troops around him started to snicker too. "All right then." Obi-Wan said. "Sir Derik, if you'd be so kind as to provide us with some nourishment I'd be happy to negotiate with you."

"I would like some tea please." I added as I sat upright, ignoring the adamentium bounds around my hands. All the while I was forming an escape plan in my head. Obi-Wan's lightsaber was being held by Dylan, who was watching from a few feet away. It'd be able to cut through the cuffs but then we'd have to reach him first. "It's freezing out here, don't you think?" I turned my head towards Obi-Wan while subtelly nodding at the location his lightsaber was. 

He noticed it too and nodded at me. I saw his hand opening behind his back, and I felt the surge of the force that suddenly came from it. He wasn't trying to grasp the saber yet, I found out, just seeing if he could do it. I saw the corner of his mouth lift just a little. "The circumstances of these supposed 'negotiations' of yours are less than desirable, I must admit." Obi-Wan said calmly. "Not to mention the conditions of your men, Sir Derik." 

As Obi-Wan continued to banter about all that, I glanced back at Anakin. He'd already jumped down the wall and made his way to the cage while taking out some soldiers quietly. Derik's men, those who were left, were all listening closely to our conversation, one a little more amused than the other. Their attention, however, surely wasn't directed at where it should be. I saw Anakin frown as he stood before the panel, his eyes scanning the numerous buttons.