Chapter 5: A griffin's wrath

"Lyanna, do it now!" My brother's frantic yelling echoed through my head. I was in the ruins of Crows Perch, the former home to the Blackwings. We were being attacked by sirens, scaled and winged demonic women that survived on human flesh alone.

They had tails with huge, spiky fins and pointy scales as a lower body and the upper half was completely human except for the wings that came out of their backs. They were made out of leather with claw-like talons coming out at each corner.

That night was a nightmare by itself. We had been there the whole day, fighting and battling to survive. A lot of good soldiers had died that day, many of which I tried to save. But it was hopeless, the sirens showed no mercy.

The screaming of my nightmare soon transformed into a single, manly scream that awoke me from my slumber. Groaning and struggling against my bounds, I sat up slowly while trying my hardest to open my eyes. My belly and back were hurting terribly due to the fact that those robes had been very tightly wrapped around me and the trunk.

"Fives?! What the hell are you doing?" One of the clone troopers asked. My vision was still blurry due to the sleep but I could make out their silhouettes. The two jedi had ignited their lightsabers while this so called Fives was running around and yelling loudly, making the other clones wake up too.

"Shoot, for republic's sake!" Fives yelled, pointing at the bushes. A lot of cracks and something that sounded like thunder came closer and closer. If I hadn't known any better, I would've thought that it was some kind of hurricane or maybe even a tsunami.

I was immediately completely awoken when the large beast busted through the bushes, letting out a blood piercing scream as it reared in the clearing. "Oh, shit." I cursed and started to pull on my bounds after I had recognized the dark blue feathers of the beast.

It had the head and chest of a raven, the forepaws of an eagle with nasty, sharp talons and the hind legs of a horse. The griffin was attacking the clones, galloping around the clearing and throwing the men over by using its enormous size and its wings.

"Open fire!" Anakin commanded, holding his lightsaber in his hand and attacking the beast.

"You won't beat her with blasters or your sabers! Her feathers are indestructible!" I tried to warn them after my failed attempt to escape but was completely ignored. They continued to fire at the animal but al it did was anger her even more.

She let out another loud screech and charged at the jedi, throwing Anakin away like he was some rag doll. He collided with a trunk of a tree which fell down right on him. She then tried to scratch him with her claws but was suddenly distracted by Obi-Wan who had jumped on her from behind.

"Bloody hell." I groaned, struggling even more in my bounds. Obi-Wan was dodging every swipe off the animal's claws or beak after being thrown off her back but he wouldn't be able to hold out forever.

After noticing that nobody was paying attention to me, I sighed deeply. "What the hell." I shrugged and closed my eyes. My body heated up to the point where any normal garment would've burned to a crisp. I could feel the power flowing through my veins, felt the satisfying crack of the robes. I made it look like it was done by a blaster, hoping that nobody had seen it happening. When I was loose I sprang up on my feet, ready to run right into the forest and leave my captors behind.

Only I hesitated after I saw how the griffin had Obi-Wan cornered. The others were all either knocked out or as Anakin, stuck beneath a broken tree. Anakin yelled and screamed hopelessly as he watched how the griffin reared right before Obi-wan.

He tried to shield himself from the beast's claws by holding up his arms but he knew he was lost. "Obi-Wan!!!" Anakin cried but with his hands trapped, he was unable to do anything. The griffin charged at Obi-Wan as he crawled against the tree, his eyes widening and then diverting themselves away from the beast. My conscience got the better of my instincts.