Chapter 24: Free At Last

"What have you done?" I watched my uncle desperately as he remained on his knees before us. 

"Exactly what I said I would do." He smiled. The air around us thickened and the darkness enveloped everything in sight. The angry whispers came from everywhere it seemed, and the silence was almost deafening. I could barely make out Obi-Wan who was using his lightsaber to see more than 2 feet before him.

"Anakin!" Obi-Wan glanced around and paced in circles around us, afraid to loose us but desperate to find his friend.

"You lost, Lyanna. Arthas is finally free." Derik closed his eyes and concentrated on the pure rage that he sensed all around him. Tiny ice crystals formed on the place blood was covering his cheeks. He chuckled when the whispers around us came closer. "He will kill every single one of you and there will be no stopping him. Not until he has control over the galaxy."

Obi-Wan redirected his gaze towards Derik and pointed his lightsaber at his neck. "How do we defeat him?" he asked as he stepped closer.

"You don't." Derik chuckled as he looked back, unimpressed. The darkness thickened even more till we could barely make out his face. I instinctively grasped Obi-Wan's hand to try and not to loose him, looking around frantically as a dangerous presence seemed to get closer with each passing second.

When he laughed again we both looked back at Derik. He leaned closer towards us as his grin widened, his eyes widening. "You run." He said. Just when he had spoken, black hands grasped him from behind around his chest  and pulled him into the thick clouds and out of our reach.

"Blast it!" Obi-Wan jumped back slightly and grasped my hand tighter, his lightsaber trying to light in the direction Derik was just pulled. We heard him chuckle right after that, the sound seeming to come from every direction.

"That's not good." I mumbled as I pressed my back against Obi's, trying not to loose him and watch every direction.

"Any brilliant ideas?" Obi-Wan tried to sound light hearted but I could hear the fear through his voice.

"You're the seasoned commander here, not me." I shivered as the cold bit my skin. An angry growl suddenly came from our left side and we heard footsteps drawing near.

"Be ready." Obi-Wan narrowed his eyes and readied his lightsaber while he held his other arm before me, trying to shield me from the presence in front of us.

A dark silhouette slowly appeared from the dark cloud, his footsteps confident and careful. He was tall and had long hair, his face still masked by the darkness around us. Obi-Wan led out a yell and charged, his lightsaber trying to hit the target before him. The buzzing sound soon filled the space around us when it clashed with another lightsaber.

"Obi-Wan?!" Anakin exclaimed as he had managed to parry the blow right before it'd slashed his face.

"Oh, it's you." He frowned and withdrew, stepping back slightly. "This darkness is getting on my nerves."

"Tell me about it, I've just spent the last few minutes walking around yelling your name." Anakin complained as he waved his arms around.

"You were yelling? We didn't hear a thing." Obi-Wan frowned.

"Whoever this Arthas guy is, he sure does know how to confuse us." Anakin mumbled as he tried to find a way out.

"Lyanna, Lyanna are you there?!" Suddenly Aidans voice boomed through my commlink, making the jedi and me jump slightly in fright.

"Aidan! Thank the gods, are you all right?! We've been trying to reach you but I think they jammed our frequency." I pressed the button on my ear as both jedi looked at me with hope.